Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,395   Online: 1124

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    ...The second reason is the one that will be very evident to Peter. Wedding work is quick. You have to be able to handle the technical details instinctively, without pause or delay. If you photograph weddings, you have to be able to handle the cameras and the film and the lenses and the flashes and the tripod and the reflectors and ... quickly, and almost automatically, otherwise you won't be able to anticipate appropriately and you will miss important images....

snip snip!

...I'll save the sort of funny, sort of scary wedding photography horror stories for another time.

I had a good laugh at the first part - it was so very true! I am not horribly out of shape, but my wife thought I was going to have a heart attack up there! Either that or dehydrate myself - there was so much sweat pouring off me! Part of it was the fact that I was in a suit and tie and the church was full and the day was warmer than anticipated. But - I think at least 50% of it was just my lack of experience causing a lot more leg work not to mention anxiety about missing shots or just plain screwing up!

And I would love to hear those horror stories - I think if you started that thread in the lounge, it would take on a life of its own and lead to many hours of side splitting laughter! I would love to see it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    I had a good laugh at the first part - it was so very true! I am not horribly out of shape, but my wife thought I was going to have a heart attack up there! Either that or dehydrate myself - there was so much sweat pouring off me! Part of it was the fact that I was in a suit and tie and the church was full and the day was warmer than anticipated. But - I think at least 50% of it was just my lack of experience causing a lot more leg work not to mention anxiety about missing shots or just plain screwing up!

And I would love to hear those horror stories - I think if you started that thread in the lounge, it would take on a life of its own and lead to many hours of side splitting laughter! I would love to see it!
    Here it is.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...776#post209776
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin