Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,738   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fatalli does a lot of his stuff digital. His pictures, he takes about 3/4 with film. Then he processes the negative via photoshop and out putting to a digital neg. From there half the prints are done using a printer. Those are the things that are not told to you, but the locals who work for him doing the prints know. So much for his great hype about being a strict analog photographer. No truth in advertising with him. Of course he was the one who set the Delicate Arch on fire.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I met one person of interest, Art Wolfe.
    From what I hear, he is drinking the digital kool-aid these days.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Wildbill, I just returned from Zion and it looked like an "International Tripod Convention" was in town. The amazing thing is that so many were using very expensive tripods with digital cameras equipped with short focal length lenses in well lit conditions. And what the majority of them were aiming at ??? I guess I'm just missing something.

The ironic thing is my wife and I had just thru hiked Paria Canyon From White House to Lees Ferry. I brought along my usual backcountry kit. A Leica M6 with 28, 50 and 90mm lenses. Since Paria has some 12 miles of narrow slot I decided I needed to bring along a tripod.

I used it once!

For 5 days and 39 miles I carried this thing and really didn't need it. Every time we drove by a cluster of fauxtographers at Zion I couldn't help but laughing then shaking my head and saying to myself...I must be missing something....

PS.... the hot tub at the Desert Pearl was nice and hot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was up there as well with my Mamiya. I didn't see a single picture being taken by the digi crowd. I ducked by the fully extended tripods that were being swung wildly. Today earlier was fine, hardly a tripod in sight.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=graymatterimages]...Every time we drove by a cluster of fauxtographers at Zion I couldn't help but laughing....QUOTE]

If you haven't trademarked that word 'fauxtographer', you ought to.

I'm going to start using it if you don't mind. Very clever, and very descriptive.

Hehe!
    Michael Slade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin