Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,986   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

What film for Polaroid Land Camera Automatic 100 ?

I just realized I had this old camera in my office and was wondering if film for it is still around?

If so, what film and where can I buy it?

thanks,
    david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember right David, the film for those models have been discontinued a ways back, many of the older land film cameras no longer have film being made..The model 100 used type 41 pack film...

You might look at this page:

http://www.krphoto.com/polaroid.html

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks Dave.

Now I can put it away and forget about it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, don't pitch it! It uses the standard pack film that is still available. (Ex: 669, 664, 667, etc)

Here is info from the Land List: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm#100

Shooter
    Large Format
    I was just going to dispute this (politely), until I read the film page at that site. I have a 100 laying around here somewhere bought new when they first came out. I knew it used the 100 series pack film. I just took it for granted that the 100 series and 600 series packs were different. It would seem from that site that they are interchangable? And That's a suprise to me! I might have to dig out the old camera and see if it still works now...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    David, don't pitch it! It uses the standard pack film that is still available. (Ex: 669, 664, 667, etc)

Here is info from the Land List: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm#100
    Paul,

Thats what I love about Polaroids, the information is always so confusing as to if you can still or can't find film for them!!!

David, it that is the case, then you can use the really nice Fuji FP100 C color film, which is a very nice film with good color...

I stand corrected.

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay boys...shoot 'em if you got 'em!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen

I think you may need a px19 battery for it as well. It looks like an AA battery with 9v type ends to it. You can get it from Adorama for < $10 bucks. The battery is used to power the shutter.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Model 100 uses either a 531 or 532 battery, both still available from Polaroid (if the contacts aren't corroded beyond help); make sure you have the correct type, though; the 531 is 4.5 V, while the 532 is 3 V, but they're identical size and connectors and too much voltage could damage the shutter while too little won't run it. IMO, it's simpler to clip out the (probalby green) connectors and wire in a 2xAAA or 3xAAA battery holder; the camera will work fine on these batteries, and they'll be obtainable for the next 30-40 years at least. The 2xAAA will even fit inside the original battery compartment without modifying any of the hardware (I've done it on my Model 350).

The Model 100, with Scene Selector as well as four ASA speed settings, can be used with every 660 series film Polaroid sells -- I recommend Type 667, 690, and 665 (the last will require setting the camera to ASA 75 and then turning the lighten-darken dial about one to 1 1/2 large divisions toward lighten to give good negatives, or about one one small division for the print). The auto exposure in these cameras works correctly (with all films) with bulb flash, but you'll have to use guide numbers and either filters or trickery to get correct exposure with electronic flash (though with Type 667 film, you hardly need flash). The synch socket on the side of the shutter is X synch, and the L shaped slot above operates a switch that sets the exposure circuit for flash operation.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    The Model 100 uses either a 531 or 532 battery, both still available from Polaroid (if the contacts aren't corroded beyond help); make sure you have the correct type, though; the 531 is 4.5 V, while the 532 is 3 V, but they're identical size and connectors and too much voltage could damage the shutter while too little won't run it. IMO, it's simpler to clip out the (probalby green) connectors and wire in a 2xAAA or 3xAAA battery holder; the camera will work fine on these batteries, and they'll be obtainable for the next 30-40 years at least. The 2xAAA will even fit inside the original battery compartment without modifying any of the hardware (I've done it on my Model 350).

The Model 100, with Scene Selector as well as four ASA speed settings, can be used with every 660 series film Polaroid sells -- I recommend Type 667, 690, and 665 (the last will require setting the camera to ASA 75 and then turning the lighten-darken dial about one to 1 1/2 large divisions toward lighten to give good negatives, or about one one small division for the print). The auto exposure in these cameras works correctly (with all films) with bulb flash, but you'll have to use guide numbers and either filters or trickery to get correct exposure with electronic flash (though with Type 667 film, you hardly need flash). The synch socket on the side of the shutter is X synch, and the L shaped slot above operates a switch that sets the exposure circuit for flash operation.
    Seems that you could also use an auto flash like a Vivitar 283 and just set it to the correct setting for your film speed and aperture. That is if there is any reliable data regarding the actual aperture on these cameras.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin