Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,271   Online: 874

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Photographer needed in Italy for 30 June 2006

I hope this is in the right place

A good friend here at work (Provo, Utah) is getting married in Florance or Naples Italy this summer and would love to have a FILM photographer shoot the day or event in a documentary style.

She asked me about shooting the reception she's having here in Utah and I offered to shoot some non wedding portraits on an experimental basis (I'm still brand new at this) for the cost of film. If she likes them cool, if not, no one cries.

I'm hoping some of our find European members may be able to help out with this job. Did I mention it was a paying job? If you're interested just work out fees with her directly. Please PM me for her contact info.

Thanks,

Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So guys, now you know where and when the next APUG get together is taking place
    Sorry, just keeping your thread warm.
    S°ren

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can see it now...and it would be very funny

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Alan,
    you might want to post this on www.lightstalkers.org, it's a vibrant, global online community of photographers, writers and such, and you might get at least a recommendation out of them.

Good luck!

Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. Not more than a few hours after my request for a European APUG Regional Getogether

That would be fun! Reminds me of an article I read a few years ago (which I vaguely paraphrase - the actual names beyond recollection) about a Photo Fair in Paris. Showing in the fair were the likes of Annie Leibowitz, Richard Avedon, Terence Donovan, and Helmut Newton. After the show, they all go out to dinner together. While walking back after dinner, they cross the Pont Neuf and are accosted by two spanish girls - tourists. One of them profers her camera to Leibowitz asking if she could take their picture. Annie takes a few shots, and passes the camera to Helmut, who fires off a few, who passes it down to Terence and Richard finishes the roll with a few of his own compositions and then hands the camera back to the girls.

The two spanish tourists proceed to have a complete hissy-fit about the fact that this little group just burned through their entire roll of film. Unbeknownst to them of course, that that roll contained the combined visions of some of the world's top photographic talent!

So... how'd 35 APUGers shoot a given wedding in Tuscany?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tuscany? It's going to be in Naples. Pizza out of a wood fired oven. Is the brides name Margarita by any chance? -))

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin