Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,455   Online: 1171

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    As an aside to this. I think that every meter that Zone VI modified has a sticker that attests to the modification. Those meters that have only the zone scale and no sticker that says the meter was modified are probably not modified.

The modification amounted to an IR filter and some sharp cutting filters to allow the meter to more closely approximate the spectral qualities of films.

I did check my Zone VI newsletters and my recollection was accurate. That Fred did offer to modify other meters at one time...whether any were modified remains to be seen.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I checked a first edition of his book and he list a modification of the Weston Ranger #9 and of course the spot meter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Zone VI Studios modified only two meters the Soligor and the Pentax. There are two ways of telling if the meter has been modified. First look for the sticker that says it was modified. It is not the Zone system scale; the modification sticker is black with silver letters. Second way send it to me I worked for Zone VI and did the work on the meters. I still repair and calibrate then. I have seem a few that were modified and the stickers fell off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    okay, rad. just curious.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have a Zone VI modified Pentax Spotmeter which I purchased in the early 80's. I paid $450 which at the time was a BUNCH (I had to dig out my old Zone VI catalog to check the price). When I received it there was a small baggie with the original dichroic filter and the sensor, which both were replaced with custom devices by Fred's group. He had filters made with a curve that better matched the response of film (although I am not sure WHAT film they were trying to match). The meter is still functional, accurate and used often. YMMV, but I really like mine.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin