Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,621   Online: 754

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    ..........If I was you, I would ask the guy to make a Western Union payment that you can collect in cash in your home town. This usually puts them off and they dont follow up.
    Well! What do you know. I told this guy to send me a W.U. full payment (complete with insurance & proof of delivery receipt) and he's going for it !

Unless this guy has some new crafty scam using Western Union, then maybe I was too quick bringing out the hanging rope!
    Last edited by Daniel Grenier; 11-30-2005 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes, when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it occasionally turns out to be a halibut in disguise...

I'd wait see if the money actually turns up. Also make sure you send it insured and signed for (read Dave SatinSnow's tale elsewhere in the Chinese camera thread).

Good luck! Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Daniel,
    Even if all goes down well, don't leave positive feedback until he is "completely satisfied" and leaves positive FB for you first.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    Keep us posted on this (I'll fall over in a dead faint if this buyer turns out to be okay!)
    I guess I'll have to prepare myself for falling over.....maybe

I don't think we ever asked, what did you sell him?

-Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    I guess I'll have to prepare myself for falling over.....maybe

I don't think we ever asked, what did you sell him?

-Bob
    I sold him a 360mm Rodenstock lens, Bob. Not a huge ticket item but still substantial enough for me to be very cautious. I'm not sure this guy's enjoying his first ebay purchase all that much, though!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    Well! What do you know. I told this guy to send me a W.U. full payment (complete with insurance & proof of delivery receipt) and he's going for it !

Unless this guy has some new crafty scam using Western Union, then maybe I was too quick bringing out the hanging rope!
    Good for you! You gotta remember E bay is not a popularity contest, you need to make sure you are protected against scams. If this guy understood this and sends you the money cash, well then you are both getting what you want.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Scammer indeed! Ebayers beware!

So after several days of back and forth with this clown in China, I can say without a doubt that he is a scammer. He tried all sorts of tricks to get private and confidential info from me to "complete a positive transaction" but he never did suck me in. He did scam a guy in Germany out of a nice lens I found out and he almost got another guy in Germany as well for a 90mm Super Angulon.

This character knows lenses and LF photography well as he answered several questions I had asked him - some trick questions - and he got them all right.

So sellers/buyers beware.

He shows up as ebay member id: ANKYAM8

He has been reported to ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Sometimes, when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it occasionally turns out to be a halibut in disguise... <snip> Good luck! Bob.
    ... but most times it turns out to be a duck after all... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    So after several days of back and forth with this clown in China, I can say without a doubt that he is a scammer.

A pestilence on all ebay scammers. They should be burned at the stake for the crime of spreading misery.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel
    Quite an interesting development. Definitely good to know. Thanks for the post.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin