Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,257   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a Pentax one and it seem to be pretty good quality. I have not had it long enough to see if I can break it, but things look promising so far.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Linhof.
    As David said so well, Linhof. I used to go through cable releases like candy until I purchased a couple Linhof's, ( a couple different lengths and spares). That was 10 years ago and I've not had one failure. Supports one of my favorite sayings, "you only pay for quality once". And as cable releases go, you will generally pay a pretty high price for the Linhofs
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To add to my earlier post, the one that I purchased several years ago, turns out it is a .......... Linhof, so the linhofs seem to be leading the pack.

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I've never owned one long enough for it to break. I lose them at a rate of 10 to 20 rolls/sheets per.
    I used to think I lost them - I now realize these are actually offerings to the snowbank and river gods. Without these periodic offerings, you have to put up with wind.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I always bought the cheap ones. Sometimes even used ones for $5. They were always breaking so I picked up one made by Ebony.
    I lost it before I had a chance to shoot with it.
    -Rob Skeoch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin