Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,423   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Tim : Good idea. I can visualise that quite easily from the description. It will be incorporated into the next cutter. I have to build a wider cutter soon, probably next month.

Doug : No pain at all . I use D23, the Adams variant and I extend it with Borax for the second bath. I always meter with the iso on the meter set at 25, but if I think it's marginal for exposure (I'm not sure how to explain a "gut" feeling - I'm no scientist ), then I add a stop and expose a bit longer. I guess the two bath development is what keeps the highlights from blowing out. My standard development for a normal 25iso exposure is 5 minutes in bath A and four minutes in bath B. Then it's stop and fix with whatever juice makes you happy. If I really overdo the exposure, I reverse the times - 4 min in A and 5 in B. The only reasons I use D23 are convenience and ease of use. Besides, it lasts forever and ever and ever ....

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    There is also 5" x 125' rolls available and if you cut them to 4", you'd get 375 frames per roll.
    Or 214 frames of 5x7...

hmmmmm... maybe something I have to try...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will a 4x5 holder accept film that's actually 5 full inches long? Normal film is 125 mm, 2 mm under five inches -- but 2 mm isn't much, and the length dimension might have tolerance; I've got some 4x5 holders but haven't used them yet. I do know the 4" dimesion needs to be undersize as well, 99 or 100 mm instead of 101 to 102; the 4x5 film I have on hand is the J&C 100 miscut that's a full four inches wide and won't fit standard holders. No worries; I bought the film for pinhole cameras that will have handmade film retention, and don't yet have a camera that accepts the 4x5 holders so no immediate need for film -- but those 5" rolls of Plus-X Aero are tempting...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin