Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,672   Online: 1150

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a waist-level handwarmer "tube" made for bowhunting. You strap it around your waist like a belt and it's line with fleece. Put a hand warmer in there and you're good for hours. Try cabela's.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thermos of hot chocolate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill
    I use a waist-level handwarmer "tube" made for bowhunting. You strap it around your waist like a belt and it's line with fleece. Put a hand warmer in there and you're good for hours. Try cabela's.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...100&hasJS=true

$14.95
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    live near the tropics

lee\c

Images
    I use a pair of mittens that allow to to flip back the mitten part to convert to fingerless gloves. Very warm until you expose the tips of your fingers while operating the camera. Make sure you get ones that allow you to flip back the thumb too (some that I've seen don't), it really makes turning small dials easier.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Thought I would toss this quandary out to fellow cold weather photographers and ask them how they prevent finger freeze-up.
    At the risk of being stoned..... move to Hawaii!!!

Sorry, Mike I just couldn't resist!!
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cheat and have 2 "Johnny Handwarmers". One for each of the pockets in my parka. They look like big Zippo lighters for anyone who has not seen one. You fill them with lighter fluid, light them until the wiick glows, put them in their little felt bags and you're good for 8 hours. Between exposures, I either put my hands in the very warm pockets or slip the warmer into my mittens. Highly recommended for winter shooting!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Of equal importance is a good warm hat, a scarf for your neck, and if conditions are really vile, a face mask. Your body is more than willing to sacrifice its fingers and toes to keep its innards and brain warm.

Murray

I coat my hands with bagbalm and slip into the nytrile gloves, hands stay toasty warm but I am not at -26. Nonetheless, I have great grip and usable digits and they are warmer if not warm enough. Also I would imagine it would ease the extreme change one would experience when one took off wool or leather gloves. . . ie these could be liners so to speak that would also stop chapping.
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    pocket warmers - a plastic pocket of a gel like liquid with a small metallic disc that you 'pop' which starts a chemical reaction of sorts (at leat a change of state) from the liquid to a gooey crystal state at the same time realeasing toasty warmth for yer tots ...

They last about 20 mins or so and can then be recharged by boiling them in water until clear again ... mine have lasted years...

this is the first link i found on the net:

http://www.extremedreams.co.uk/catal...roducts_id/150

There are plenty other manufacturers, suspect they are made in bulk and rebranded by whoever wants to market them

i have even wrapped lenses in them when shooting at night to avoid condensation
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin