Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,256   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here in Richmond, VA 2 shops will do same day service if in by 11:00, otherwise its ready the next morning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I'm sure in LA you must have labs with standard turnaround of 4 hours or less for C-41 medium format.
    Yes... you'd think. The delay appears to be the prints (as mentioned by others responding to this thread). I live in one of the northern suburbs of LA (west San Fernando Valley) and nearby there are 4 pro labs. One went digital and their film services are atrocious now; another is still getting set up after moving (the 5-day turnaround I mentioned earlier); and the 2 others (I just found out) will turn C-41 negs, both 35mm and 120 in 4 hours but the prints/proofsheets take 2 days. Service might be better on the other side of "The Valley" since that is closer to the film/TV industry. As far as the chain photo stores go, their turnaround for any C-41 processing/printing is 3 days because they use a centralized lab.

Thanks everybody for the feedback! I've been on a hiatus from anything other than 35mm developed at Walgreens for the past few years and it seems like things have changed alot. I don't adapt to change very well sometimes ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dschneller
    My local independant guy down the street who does 120 and 127 will process "While U wait". How's that for service? Although most of the time he's busy and it's in an few hours.
    I always knew that there was something I REALLY, REALLY liked about Canada. Until now I thought it was mostly the pea-meal bacon!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here ya go--

http://www.aandi.com/cneg.html

I've used their mailers. Always good results.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    What kind of wusses don't develop their own film? They're not photographers -- they're button pushers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    What kind of wusses don't develop their own film? They're not photographers -- they're button pushers.
    Is this a statement of fact.... or a rhetorical comment?

Sincerely,
    Wuss ButtonPusher

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw
    Is this a statement of fact.... or a rhetorical comment?
    A little of both, Brian. But it's mainly a troll.
    And I'll add another one.
    That the real work and commitment to photography lies in the drudgery of processing, particularly for color. If APUG was limited only to people who do all their own wet darkroom work, it would soon fade away like unfixed POP (despite the noble Pyro/Azo and Alternate Process stalwarts). Digital is not taking over because it's better, but because it's easier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in ferndale it takes about 45mins for development and 10mins for a contact. The service is great the price is next to nothing and the the lab rat who does the work is charming, goodlooking, talented, a fine dresser, has a great sense of humour, helps old ladies across the street and is an all around good guy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    A little of both, Brian. But it's mainly a troll.
    And I'll add another one.
    That the real work and commitment to photography lies in the drudgery of processing, particularly for color. If APUG was limited only to people who do all their own wet darkroom work, it would soon fade away like unfixed POP (despite the noble Pyro/Azo and Alternate Process stalwarts). Digital is not taking over because it's better, but because it's easier.

You're not related to Bob Mitchell are you? The colour guy? Inventor of the Unicube? etc?

If colour processing is hard I'd hate what you'd call B&W.

Images

More Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    You're not related to Bob Mitchell are you? The colour guy? Inventor of the Unicube? etc?

If colour processing is hard I'd hate what you'd call B&W.
    "We are all brothers, under the skin." Otherwise, not related.

Nick, after I've done 3 color (that's colour to you) separation Dye Transfers for 25 years, then masked Cibachromes for another 10, B&W is technically a piece of cake.
    I have no problem with commercial photographers who send everything out to a lab (they're all going digital, anyhow), nor anyone who has their master prints made by a master printer after they've first done the scutwork of developing and proofing themselves (scanning instead of proofing is digital, not APUG).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin