Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,007   Online: 755

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Magazines have a way of collecting in closets, bookshelves and magazine baskets near the chairs I use most often. After a few months, I go nuts and toss them all in the trash. Except for "Popular Photography". It goes from the mailbox to the trash immediately.

I keep the "Lenswork" and "B&W" magazines because they are the only ones with honest-to-God photographs in them.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Off topic but I can't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Simple rule of thumb at my house........One comes in, one goes out.
    This has become my basic philosphy in life. Now if I could only apply it to children. The baby is cute and cuddly; the 8-year old is a nice kid... but talks back too often.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary892
    I seem to collect magazines like Jay Leno collects cars. Only my magazines are not collectables. Gary
    Gary,
    May I suggest that you may not be the ultimate judge of what is collectible. The magazines were interesting enough for you to buy. Maybe someone else picked up this interest later than you and wants to catch up. I have bought back issues of B&W, Aperture, Photovision, View Camera, etc. Many are dated from when I shot 35mm and had never seen an 8x10.

Put them on eBay. If you are wrong they may pay for some books or photo gadgets you may never throw away.

Another View
    John Powers

I get about 15 magazines a month. What I do is look at them once then set them aside for a week or so, then go through them again and cut out any pictures or articles that interest me.

I have file folders with decorating ideas, building ideas, photography ideas, jewellery ideas for the missus, watches, women I'd like to .....(never mind) etc.

Then I recycle the rest of the magazines into the recycle bin.

95% of the magazines are full of stuff that is eye candy and very little is useful. I devour the eye candy and keep what's useful.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sell mine to Half Price Books for about a half a cent a piece.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin