Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,663   Online: 944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Study Art and other forms of Design. I went to the Louve recently and other Museums like the Rodin. It's great to see the works of the Masters in Art and Architecture. I also spend time looking and thinking about lighting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Andre,
    Go for it! Pauley is such a great guy that he would not mind it at all and would welcome the chance... would probably just require a print for him on your part.
    ha, yeah, I might do that next time I have a class with him. Next semester is Pauleyless, unfortunately .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    ha, yeah, I might do that next time I have a class with him. Next semester is Pauleyless, unfortunately .
    Andre, he is teaching Modern next semester I believe. No reason that you actually need to be enrolled in the class to do the photographing.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    WOW !!!

Donald, what are you going to do when the 8x10 bug hits .
    Hopefully, I'll have the money or find some means to make it a problem I have to actually think about. But by then I'll have some practice. I can already carry two 9x12 cm plate cameras, 20 plate holders (15 for one camera, 5 for the other), two boxes of film, changing bag, dark cloth, light meter, and tripod, and still walk easily and lightly; soon I'll be trying the same trick with an Aletta 4x5 monorail camera and the same heavy tripod. I think I've spotted a bag already in the house that will do the job. Fortunately, the wooden Aletta is light, just bulky.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Whatever you pick one at a time, examine one's work critically and come up with your own conclusion of it. And you apply it to your own work and grow with it.

Track down your most influences first, and see what their works are all about and how they relate to yours and/or you relate to theirs.

At the same time, be open to almost anything that comes to you, but just (learn to figure out) what is and what is not for you to achieve your particular goal(s). And stick to what you believe is and feels right.

I know I'm talking about the common sense, but you know that's what keeps me being as sharp as I could possibly be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin