Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,344   Online: 883

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax Auto 110: worth buying?

I've been eyeing these on ebay lately. Prices have come down significantly from a year or so ago. I've watched several with lens or lens and other accessories for prices in the high teens to low twenties.

They seem like nifty gadgets. Photographically-speaking, is it a worthy purchase?

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    i've got one. actually two...one is for sale on ebay (for parts use - it never worked). kind of a fun pocket camera. you can get 110 at walgreens for 1.50. developing is getting tough.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to process 110. I had a stainless steel reel for it. They must still be around somewhere (though not in my possession).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an adjustable patterson reel that fit several sizes, one of which was 110. Don't know if they're still available, this was in the early 80's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i've on too - wish i had the pan-lens!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr
    I've been eyeing these on ebay lately. Prices have come down significantly from a year or so ago. I've watched several with lens or lens and other accessories for prices in the high teens to low twenties.

They seem like nifty gadgets. Photographically-speaking, is it a worthy purchase?

Chris
    I've got two - a straight 110 and a Super version. They are great fun to experiment with. I've cut down 35mm FP4 and loaded it into 110 cartridges then processed it in a 16mm reel. Although you needn't look forward to huge, grain-free enlargements, results can be surprisingly good. Commercial processing of colour print 110 film in the UK is no problem, but results are very variable depending on the care taken. There's a good section on the 110 Pentaxes on the Sub Club website http://www.subclub.org/shop/pentax.htm

Buy one and have fun!

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I think I may pick one up if I can get it for less than $25 shipped. I need to see if I can get 110 developed locally though...

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr
    Thanks guys. I think I may pick one up if I can get it for less than $25 shipped. I need to see if I can get 110 developed locally though...

Chris
    I'll be inviting LOADS of comments (spare me please) about this, but...i use clark color labs, or one of the similar style places for 110 developing. You can get 100 film from them for 1.99 and they'll develop it for 1.99. I guess it adds to the retro fun of using the pentax auto 110. crappy looking prints never were this much fun...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

plate o' shrimp

Funny that you should mention these! I was just talking about them before lunch with a buddy here at work. I've seen whole kits go for reasonable prices in the past. They look like really neat little cameras. I always wanted to add one to my 'photographic museum' as my wife calls it. Post some images if you end up getting one.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffneedham
    ...i use clark color labs...
    Man, I used to use those guys all the time back in the early eighties for all my color prints. They used to do a halfway decent job if I remember correctly and the price was always lower than anybody else. I didn't even know they still existed...

- Randy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin