Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,101   Online: 764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    No this isn't the best advice. Unless the liquid is very corrosive like sea water flushing with more water doesn't accomplish anything positive.
    Speaking of sea water........

I was Garapata Beach one afternoon. The surf was rough, but I stood fairly far away from the edge all the way to the sandstone cliff. I was looking down at my GPS unit and suddenly a wave rushed in and covered me over my head! It was amazing that I wasn't carried out to sea (locals told me they lose a few tourists there like that). When the water receeded and I recovered, every pocket I had was filled with sand.

I was wearing my Pentax digital spot meter and it never recovered. I got it repaired by Pentax for a reasonable sum. Garmin replaced my GPS for $99.

So, I have to agree. Sea water is very corrosive. It eats away your wallet very very fast.

-R

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I enjoy both photogaraphy and fishing I will keep this in mind should I run out of bobbers.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin