Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

MF lens adapters to 35mm.

Has anyone used a mf lens adapter on a 35mm camera? I'm especially interested in Hasselblad to whatever, but would like to hear what else is available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax made adapters to fit the K mount.

Various P6 adaptors for Kiev lenses to most/all of the 35mm mounts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zoerk makes adapters for some lenses to 35mm bodies. (www.zoerk.com will get you there.) You can often find adapters for various lenses to other body types on eBay. (I know I've seen a Hasselblad - to - Nikon adapter in the past.)

One nice thing that Zoerk makes (that's out of my price range for such things) is an adapter with a shifting lens mount. You use the fact that the image circle on the MF lense is so much larger than needed on the 35mm film to allow you to shift the lens...I'm sure this is much cheaper than purchasing a shift lens for your camera if you already own the MF glass.

Best of luck...I'm sure you'll find something out there.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well adapters abound on Ebay with Canon EF probably having having the most available. You can use anything on it from Hasselblad to M42, and Contax, Olympus, and Leica from what I have seen so far. Sometimes it's nice to put lenses to use that you may not have the right body for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To be honest, Wayne, I've been tempted by the Hassy-to-Nikon adapters. But, when I think about it, I already have Nikon lenses that perform similar functions as my Hassy lenses, and there's no way to really couple any of the needed body-to-lens functions. (Imagine having to remove the Hassy lens and manually cock the shutter.) So, I move on to other equipment lusts.

I did find, however, that a Leica M 90mm Elmarit makes an excellent macro lens when affixed to a Nikon body with gaffer's tape.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm looking at the Hassy to Nikon adapter as well. Why tho would you have to cock the shutter? Wouldn't you just stop the lens down at the dof aperture you want, take a meter reading and set the camera shutter speed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Hasselblad to Contax adaptor that Hasselblad made. Since I already had a Hasselblad system and a Contax 35mm SLR system, so it just made sence for me. I didn't have any longer Contax lenses and I did for the Hassy.

You don't need to cock the shutter every time you shoot it. You can't get the Hassy lens off the camera unless it is cocked and then when you put it on the adaptor there is no way for the camera to trip the shutter in the lens so it just remains open the whole time like any other lens used with a focal plane shutter camera. Just no automatic diaphragm control. The only thing about using the Hasselblad lenses on a 35mm SLR is that there is usually a smaller, lighter and faster option available for your camera.
    My 85mm sonnar for the Contax is about the same size as my 50mm 1.4, but if I put my 80mm planar for the Hassy on the camera, it dwarfs the camera in size and mass, not to mention makes the camera very front heavy.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    I have the Hasselblad to Contax adaptor that Hasselblad made. Since I already had a Hasselblad system and a Contax 35mm SLR system, so it just made sence for me. I didn't have any longer Contax lenses and I did for the Hassy.

You don't need to cock the shutter every time you shoot it. You can't get the Hassy lens off the camera unless it is cocked and then when you put it on the adaptor there is no way for the camera to trip the shutter in the lens so it just remains open the whole time like any other lens used with a focal plane shutter camera. Just no automatic diaphragm control. The only thing about using the Hasselblad lenses on a 35mm SLR is that there is usually a smaller, lighter and faster option available for your camera.
    My 85mm sonnar for the Contax is about the same size as my 50mm 1.4, but if I put my 80mm planar for the Hassy on the camera, it dwarfs the camera in size and mass, not to mention makes the camera very front heavy.
    There is an adapter available that has a tripod socket on the bottom. It's more money but may make some sense. My intended agenda is to mount my used purchase 60mm CF which cost me $300 more last year then what I can get for it nowdays, if it even sells. Their not in high demand. May as well keep it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    I'm looking at the Hassy to Nikon adapter as well. Why tho would you have to cock the shutter? Wouldn't you just stop the lens down at the dof aperture you want, take a meter reading and set the camera shutter speed?
    It was a joke about liking to do things the hard way.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I test drove the Hassie to Leica / Nikon adptrs back in the late '80s.

Great lenses, but no better than the 35mm lenses, and certainly more bother.

Shooting wide open is a reasonable option, but give me a 105 Nikkor over the 110 Hassie, and the 85 / Nikon-Canon-Minolta any time.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin