Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,932   Online: 866

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Manfrotto Tripod Apron Support

Now this is one of those little things that make you wonder how could you do without:
    The Manfrotto apron for its tripods that unfolds to reveal three pockets that you can throw accessories in and have them for quick access while shooting in the studio or the field. Lightmeters, film, backs, sandwiches, they all fit!
    It also fits on every tripod or pole, as the cord provided is long enough to go around an elephant's foot!
    You can also put weights like rocks when you want that extra weight.
    Better than a plastic shopping bag, it folds and unfolds neatly and takes no space.
    Check it out!
    Its called "Apron Support", has a code of 166 and cost me 26 euros here.
    Last edited by arigram; 01-12-2008 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A similar item came with my Velbon. It can be surprisingly useful - somewhere to put my hat and the spotmeter when I use the darkcloth - and comes off easily if I want to really splay the legs for a low viewpoint.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to use one or an earlier version (Bogen) of this on my Gitzo tripods. As I recall, Kerry Thalmann uses or used one as well. I stopped using mine years ago. I have considered putting it back into service. It was useful, needed to be removed for working close to the ground, needed to be folded when the tripod was closed, and added weight. Others may find it more useful.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one of those, too. Fairly handy.

I've found, however, that beneath a three-legged elephant is not a good place for photo gear.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin