Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,902   Online: 1155

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is often difficult to get equipment where I live, so I am looking for a good online shop based in the EU. I tried Calumet in GB, but they have an even smaller selection than my local shop.

At the moment I am looking for LF darkroom equipment, like the Yankee 4x5 daylight developing tank or similar systems.

Thanks

/Anders

Shooter
    Large Format
    anygaard, if you live in GB why havent you tried Robert White, he has great prices and is an excellent dealer. Many people from the US order from him since his prices cant be beat and he has excellent customer service!

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/

or you can try Badger graphics, they are the Robert White of the US. Very nice people to deal with.

http://www.badgergraphic.com/

Good luck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Jorge! I just checked out Robert White, and it looks like the tank he is selling is what I am looking for. Sadly I do not live in GB, but in Denmark. The reason for wanting something EU-based is the customs, which makes it both troublesome, expensive and slow to buy from the US. Denmark is not large enough to sustain a market for entry level LF equipment, so my choices are expensive professional equipment or used. And I have had many bad experiences with used tanks, film holders and other equipment that needs to be lighttight.

/Anders

If you speak French try www.galerie-photo.net/about.html. Good sortiment of LF stuff, some prices truly excellent. George

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I second the advice to try Robert White, VERY good prices and first rate service.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    UK: Robert White, MrCad for used (www.mrcad.co.uk)

Photografica in Denmark.

And Ebay.de of course!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm sold on ebay now. I've ordered 2 items so far both perfect condition. At first I was scared I would get ripped off, but you can use the escrow.com service. You pay the money to escrow.com, then the seller sends you the item. If you are happy with the item you tell escrow.com they can release the funds to the seller. Most people will ship internationally if you explain to them it's not THAT big of a deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Anygaard,

I know you are looking for dev.tanks etc for LF but should you need paper, sheet film and chemicals try: www.fotoimpex.de. They are in Berlin and they charge a flat postage rate within the EU.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Hey Anders,

I use to buy from http://www.ac-foto.com. They are based in Aachen, Germany and offer fairly priced stuff. For instance, a year ago I bought a brand new SB28DX for 350 euros including shipping, while the item in Frankfurt cost around 450.

They also sell used equipment. So far the best online photo shop I have found in Germany. There are loads of smaller places selling online. Check out the

http://www.fotohaendler-gebrauchtboerse.de/

The site is seachable and I found it very useful.

hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin