Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,968   Online: 842

what is the best way to get rid of the square wrinkles on a new background? the wrinkles from the packing. thanks

Images
    Is this a muslin background? If so, they should never be folded. I always stuff mine in a duffel bag. Wad it up good and tight and let it sit for a few days. Then use a large f-stop in order to get shallow depth of field and a pleasing background blur.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Throw it in the dryer with a damp towel and run till dry. Take it out immediately so fresh wrinkles don't set into it. At least thats what I'm told to do with wrinkled clothes.
    Gary Beasley

it is a westcott background. my next door neighbor got it. i think it is almost like a canvas. it's not muslin. the directions say not to ever toss it in the dryer. thanks for the replies.

Images
    Is this the people popper? The one that looks like a blanket? If so, spray the back with a little mist of water and let it hang to dry.

Brian
    hi!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have tried this both ways.
    The first way is - ironing. Hot and sweaty work, and you will forever be worried about any little potential wrinkle...

The best way is to keep it "perfectly wrinkled":
    Moisten slighly - with a (whatever it's called - little spray bottle thingy which makes a mist). Then crumple up. Crumlple again. And again. Putting it in a wad on the floor and jumping on it can be fun, as can be kicking it around for half an hour or so.
    Leave to dry.

Check wrinkles, repeat procedure as necessary
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin