Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,739   Online: 1017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    I haven't used one first hand, but I was part of a group that got their photo taken with Peter Max when he donated a painting to Yahoo! it is a pretty cool device, I'd love to play with one.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Nishika 35mm. It is fixed focus, has one shutter speed, and the apertures are sunny,cloudy etc. You could do the same thing buy just taking a photo, shifting the camera a few inches to the left or right, and taking another picture. The easiest way would be to use some sort of platform or angle iron as the guide rail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Mar 12 2003, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Have any of you ever used any of those old stereo cameras.&nbsp; The ones that made the old time double pictures on long cards.&nbsp; I have seen a few camers for sale.&nbsp; What kind of film? lenses? which brand of camera is good? Any opinions would be helpful.&nbsp; I haven&#39;t bought one yet.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    For a long time, the "Stereo Realist" (see another message somewhere about "Realist") was certainly the camera of choice. I&#39;ve never used one myself, but a friend here in Ipswich is into "stereo" big time - and that is what he uses. I think it uses ordinary 35mm films, exposing two frames simultaneousy, with the proper spacing. The Realists haven&#39;t been produced for some time, and finding one now is difficult. I think they had f/3.5 Lenses, and shutter speeds to 1/300th (?? I could be &#39;way wrong here).
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Here are a few starting points, if you want to get into stereo photography.
    http://www.berezin.com/3d/Default.htm
    http://www.3dphoto.net/stereo/stereo.html
    http://www.rmm3d.com/misc/3d-photo-lists.html

yours in depth,

Garry D. Lewis
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ahhh...the old stereopticon&#33; Neat idea. I have seen a few LF cameras that were designed for such things on EPay on ocassion. Pretty nifty.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Mar 12 2003, 10:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    What I was thinking of doing was making some old style cards That were put in those woooden antique stereoscopes. They would be done in black and white fiber, and I would hand color them just like was done back then. Start a retro look thing going. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Ever hear of the trick of shooting the moon at moonrise and moonset and putting the results in a stereopticon? Startling effect of turning the moon into a ball.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to bring up the D word, but if you get your hands on those kitschy 3d glasses, you can combine both shots digitally, tweak the left/right colors, and view a 3D image on your monitor through the glasses. Done right, it can be pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin