Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,869   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really don't know if this will help but I have 4 broken lenses.Glass is complete but they are beyond repair.You're welcome to any one of them.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    I really don't know if this will help but I have 4 broken lenses.Glass is complete but they are beyond repair.You're welcome to any one of them.

Mike
    I love APUG. The spirt of kindness and help here ia simply amazing.

Mike, most camera lens elements are pretty short, on the order of a couple of inches. Placed together they usually create even shorter lengths. I'm tring to focud an image at 10 feet. I have played with busted lens elements, and although they have served to demonstrate the principle quite well, I haven't found a combination that comes even close to working for the actual CO.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok,

I have e-mailed a local optician with the request for a lens. Hopefully they will realize I'm not a crank.....:o

Shooter
    Pinhole
    So, JB, is this a 'traditional' C.O. that illuminates a table of sorts, that constrains you to a fixed length of 10 feet?
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery View Post
    So, JB, is this a 'traditional' C.O. that illuminates a table of sorts, that constrains you to a fixed length of 10 feet?
    This one will come strait in my bedroom window, and give me the morning upside down and backwards on the wall at the foot of my bed. The distance from the window to the wall is ten feet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jason

i think in abelardo morell's book he says how to set a room up
    like a camera obscura ... i don't have it, but i know he does this sort of thing
    and i remember he has diagrams or instructions &C ...
    maybe the book has lens info ? or maybe he just uses a just a hole, and no glass ...

good luck!

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jason, we've got 117" f8 mirrors out here where I work that will resolve 40 lppm. On half frame 35mm I can only get about half the moon in a frame. Talk about cheeze. They would look damn funny sticking out of a bedroom wall though.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    This one will come strait in my bedroom window, and give me the morning upside down and backwards on the wall at the foot of my bed. The distance from the window to the wall is ten feet.
    I have a friend whose parents used to own a large victorian era house which was built for a portrait photographer. There was a downstairs toilet which had a lens mounted in the wall which projected an image of the garden on the wall opposite so you could watch it whilst sitting (did I spell that correctly?).

The distance in this case was about 6'

Steve.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Here's a lens with an 8.5 foot focal length:

http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l3854d.html

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Holy Krap...a pair of those for a 1.3 meter Rapid Rectilinear kinda lens, albeit not made with achromats...

No Ball Bearing shutters that big but I do have a box of those large lazy susan bearings...
    Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin