Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,499   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK there is a fine line between silly and stupid-----I think it was just crossed!!!! I don't know if that meter has some sort of collector or historical value but I could but 2 to 3 spots for the cost of that one. I don't under stand people sometimes, while it is nice to own cool nice stuff, the bottom like to me is the quality of the pic and the reliability of the equipment. That meter will preform no better or worse that my $300 558 and I doudt(?sp) it is more reliable and if it were I could buy 3 558!!! Oh well it must be good to have money to part with like that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If mine ever goes it's back to "Sunny sixteen" for me!!
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Can be bought new in UK from Speedgraphic (without the mods) for £479 - that's about $945.
    Beginner

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I use mine to check the accuracy of other meters. Lately, I prefer incident reading meters (selenium type, w/o batteries) and use the spot meter for low light readings, including night photography.

I bought it "new" some time ago. I'm not surprised that it retains a high value, like some standard of reference.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    Yow!

That said... I've lived without a spot-meter this long (ignoring the TTL metering on my 35mm camera of course,) but it would be a 'nice to have' (I do have an incident/ambient light meter.) So any recommendations on spot meters that are worth sticking in an eBay saved search just in case a bargain pops up some day?
    Minolta Spotmeter F, a cracking meter that regularly go for a around £150 on ebay. I've had mine from new (1995), it's never let me down and is very easy to use.

Brian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jeffery View Post
    Minolta Spotmeter F, a cracking meter that regularly go for a around £150 on ebay. I've had mine from new (1995), it's never let me down and is very easy to use.
    Ta for that, much appreciated!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I need a spot meter so I brought a Nikon F100 body for $235 and used my zoom lens!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin