Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,629   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Ice? Isn't that the stuff one pours Scotch over????

Vaughn
    I think so...it's been such a long time since I've seen the stuff (ice, not scotch)...

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Ice? Isn't that the stuff one pours Scotch over????

Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    I think so...it's been such a long time since I've seen the stuff (ice, not scotch)...

You know, I've never understood why Californians always have this need to "post to type" regarding these wintertime threads? It's almost as knee-jerk a reaction as Floridians!

You are SUPPOSED to have good weather!

Maybe what it is that you cannot deal with the fact that we here in the Northeast US have actually had a very mild Winter. Meanwhile, we've watched news reports of motorists stranded for days on snowbound highways just east of Los Angeles - not to mention the massive snow dumps further north.

Oh yeah, that's right - you Californians all go snowboarding in the AM and then head to the beach to surfboard in the PM. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Murray,did you order directly from the company or did you find a Canadian supplier? Those look like just the thing I need to stay vertical.

Thanks,
    Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, there is a great Canadian supplier. I have shopped their store in Calgary, am a co-op member and order from them online. www.mec.ca ..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Mike,

They're kinda new (and MEC doesn't carry them) so I couldn't find a Canadian supplier, I did however find a place in the States that has 20% off on your first order which basically means free shipping;

http://www.basegear.com/kahtoola-mic...ce-cleats.html

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Murray.I'm ordering on Monday.

Happy Trails,
    Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Hi Mike,

They're kinda new (and MEC doesn't carry them) so I couldn't find a Canadian supplier, I did however find a place in the States that has 20% off on your first order which basically means free shipping;

http://www.basegear.com/kahtoola-mic...ce-cleats.html

Murray
    Well, I spent a week on the Minnesota North Shore. My little spikes were not very useful and my crampons were worthless. I bought a pair of Yaktrax which were pretty good in packed snow but not hard ice. I ordered these yesterday!! Since Murray recommended the pig warmer and these, I think all his suggestions can be well heeded!!..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Since Murray recommended the pig warmer and these, I think all his suggestions can be well heeded!!
    It would be a wise move in your retirement financial plan to purchase a rather large selection of my photographs, who's value will surely rise meteorically

Oh crap! You'll have to wait until the darkroom is finished

Murray

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    It would be a wise move in your retirement financial plan to purchase a rather large selection of my photographs, who's value will surely rise meteorically

Oh crap! You'll have to wait until the darkroom is finished

Murray
    Jeez, Murray, you may be right. The bad part is that it sometimes requires the photographer's demise..that would just suck!!..Thanks..Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Evan,

I'm the one that had to cancel out on that great trip you guys had last week. I'm leaving this upcoming Monday to go up there anyway and I've been using a product similar to this: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...con&hasJS=true
    I bought mine about 3 years ago and they have really sharp hexagonal 1/4" screws that really, really grab on everything. Looks like they changed the spikes to tungsten carbide spikes and upped the price by $30 from what I paid.

Anyway, hope to see your images one of these days.

Marc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin