Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,138   Online: 1029

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In Canada, Mountain Equipment Co-op now sells them;

http://search.mec.ca/?N=10&Ntt=micro...=1237988504543

We're still in the early spring freeze / thaw cycle here, and steep hills can get really gnarly...these puppies work great in the woods! Last week I went for a run in the bush and didn't break my stride even when crossing frozen sections of the trail including corners, and going up or down hills.

Good idea about using carbide tips on the spikes, Evan. I had intentions of contacting them about that but never did, so now I'll follow your lead and give them a buzz too.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After looking at Yaktrax, Kahtoola, I decided upon 'Stabillicers'. They are strapped on and held in place with velcro and much more secure than any other brand. The cleats are actually small bolts that are replaceable if they wear out of get torn out. These things saved my butt in northern MN this year and allowed me to walk on glare ice without any problems whatsoever. They are a must for anyone with back problems, or joint problems/replacements etc. They are around $50 from Cabelas.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    It's about time I publicly thanked Murray for saving my life - last year and this. Last year, my transfer case broke and I had no 4-wheel drive. I had to park by the road and trek up and down the steep driveway in New Hampshire. This year, some left-over effects of some surgery made it hard to walk. I keep two pairs of Kahtoolas around. They go on and off easily with one hand, and fit all my various shoes and boots. Great product.

Thanks, Murray!

Charley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No problem

Murray

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin