Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,883   Posts: 1,629,721   Online: 744

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Chris, when in doubt, go with the the J Man.
    I’m not one to argue with that statement, but you may want to use a higher dilution with Efke films – say HC 110 1 + 50 @ 20C for 8 or maybe 9 minutes as a starting point. Gentle agitation once a minute and use a plain water stop bath. This recommendation is however, like Mr Brunner’s, based on guesswork and I have no idea if negatives from pinhole cameras need higher contrast than normal.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhner View Post
    I’m not one to argue with that statement, but you may want to use a higher dilution with Efke films – say HC 110 1 + 50 @ 20C for 8 or maybe 9 minutes as a starting point. Gentle agitation once a minute and use a plain water stop bath. This recommendation is however, like Mr Brunner’s, based on guesswork and I have no idea if negatives from pinhole cameras need higher contrast than normal.
    After further review of the play, I believe Uhner's advice may be more on track. I use HC110 1:50 (that's mixed strait from the bottle, not a "working solution) @ 20C (68f) for 13 minutes on FP4 rated 100 with decent results FWIW.
    That's just, like, my opinion, man...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Some of the toners may be a little more problematic, so you might want to post specific questions about those.
    Don't mess with anything that requires adequate ventilation unless you have adequate ventilation. A bathroom without a fan would be a very bad place to do selenium toning because those fumes are extremely irritating. Same goes for mixing up solutions from powders - ventilation and dust protection. Don't toss the stuff around and leave clouds of dust in the air, pour carefully.

As for regular B&W chemistry (develop, stop & fix), make sure you rinse everything thoroughly and you shouldn't have a problem. I don't know that I'd be doing it in the kitchen sink (though I have, albeit for only a few times, used mine), but this stuff is all very water soluble (it's in solution as-used, right?) so you just have to wash it off to ensure you don't leave residues (something I wish my shared darkroom cohabitants would figure out ).
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    (it's here)
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin