Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,391   Online: 809

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There is definitely no "FAA approval" of luggage -- only locks that go on luggage. You can carry your cameras and laptop on in a grass sack if you want, as long as they get x-rayed and the laptop is inspected. Just get something that is well-padded, strong, and fits the size restrictions and you're good to go.

And Lufthansa is one of the best, so you should have no problems with them.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I with Michael that there is no "FAA approval" for luggage, perhaps they mean that it's "airline regulation size" for hand luggage. For what it's worth I tend to use a LowePro Nature AW back pack to carry my kit with me but I "flatten" a Nova 5 AW and put it in my suitcase so that when I get to my destination I have a smaller shoulder bag to use if I don't want to carry all my kit all the time. I haven't had any problems with bringing the Nature AW backpack as a carry on and I think Lowepro now make combination Camera/Laptop bags.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Lowepro CompuTrekker might work for you. There is a computer slot in the back, and it easily fits even restrictive airline size limits. I carry a large format kit in mine usually, while also adding one 35mm body, or a small medium format body.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think Tank makes some bags and packs that might be of interest -- I just bought a midsized one of their "Urban Disguise" bags for traveling light (and not having it yell "CAMERA!" at passers by).

DaveT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin