Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,940   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Luckily Ikea have started selling 1litre swing-top bottles for about £1 each so no need to drink yucky stuff.. just have to keep them in the dark if you need to for whatever you put in it, since they're clear glass.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooooh, now that is interesting. Thanks Heather.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Check how good the seal is on the Ikea bottles before trusting them. I bought some swing top preserving jars from them which seemed like a bargain but the lids don't seal properly when closed. Not a nice thing to discover when the contents are pickled beetroot and still very hot!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah but that's to do with heat, I'm pretty sure, making it a bit loose until it cools down. You shouldn't be moving your preserves until the jar is cool anyway. Can be dangerous if you put a hot jar on a cold (or wet) countertop because the extreme temperature change can cause the jars to crack.

Going back on topic... the bottles snap down dangerously strong compared to the jars. You don't want to get your fingers pinched in those clasps. And I like the ikea preserving jars/bottles because they have silicon seals, not rubber, so are less likely to wear out too.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin