Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,107   Online: 1126

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I went through a Tech Pan phase, almost 20 years ago. I processed in Technidol, and I still have a few favorites among those negatives, but eventually I came to the realization that for fine grain it's better and easier just to use a bigger camera.
    I agree with David. I worked long and hard with the 35mm version, got some great negatives, then tried the 120 version (645) again got some great negatives. Then I tried the 4x5 sheet film version and what a pain. Loading the film into the holders was a challenge due to the thin base and coupled with the slow speed was not worth the effort.

Mike

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't see anything to gain with very slow film in 4x5 and larger. Where I live wind is something to deal with. I like the 400 speed films for that task. Grain is not a problem at the sizes I project to.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having just moved house and my darkroom I've finally got round to sorting out the film stock in the fridge in the darkroom. I've found rolls of obscure film that I've been given to try over the years, perhaps it would be fun to carry out a few tests to see which give the worst results. Of those that I've tried Fortepan, in both 120 roll film and 4 x 5 developed in just about any developer produced awful results. Of the tried and tested recognised combinations, any of the Tmax range in HC110 are awful IMO and I don't blame the developer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Having just moved house and my darkroom I've finally got round to sorting out the film stock in the fridge in the darkroom. I've found rolls of obscure film that I've been given to try over the years, perhaps it would be fun to carry out a few tests to see which give the worst results. Of those that I've tried Fortepan, in both 120 roll film and 4 x 5 developed in just about any developer produced awful results. Of the tried and tested recognised combinations, any of the Tmax range in HC110 are awful IMO and I don't blame the developer.
    TMX and HC110 at the dilutions recommended by Kodak produces just about the worst results. When I was in a bind here with no developer and the only thing available was hc110 I bought a bottle and used dilution B at half strenght (1:30 instead of 1:15) and got wonderful results, very sharp negs with great shadows! I tried this because I always used TMX on TMX RS developer at half strenght (1:9 instead of 1:4) and always got consistent results.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like TMX in D-76 (1+1), particularly when I want crisp, clean results with 35mm or medium format. I've never come to terms with TMY.

My favorite combinations of late are Tri-X/PMK for enlargement or in ABC for contact printing or in Acufine for speed. I like Delta 400 in Perceptol quite a lot, but it doesn't come in sheet sizes. If it did, I would use it more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now see, I like TMax 3200 and Ilford 3200. I LOVE fast film. Gives a nice gritty look to things.

Then again there are lots of times when I would NOT use it.

But I tell ya, being able to slap on the Nikkor 50/1.4 and shoot indoors without a flash is fabulous.

Bmac - I just can't understand the point of printing B/W on color paper....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like Delta 400 in Perceptol quite a lot, but it doesn't come in sheet sizes. If it did, I would use it more.
    I have a box of 4x5 Delta 400. I don't know why.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I like Delta 400 in Perceptol quite a lot, but it doesn't come in sheet sizes. If it did, I would use it more.
    I have a box of 4x5 Delta 400. I don't know why.
    I must have left that box at your house when I popped over for tea. Thanks for taking such great care of that wonderful film for me

I am down to my last two boxes of 5x7 Delta 400 - sob.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any Delta 400 in sheets, alas, would be old Delta 400, rather than "New" Delta 400 Professional, which is a much improved film.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin