Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,332   Online: 795

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone happen to have a spare invercone for a weston III?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I eventually had to give up on the Westons. Too many tightly spaced, tiny-type numbers. I think the Weston III is one of the best classic selenium meters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The "U", the "O", the "A" and the "C" on the Weston dial are essential parameters for exposure. One of ye olde lab ratz who shared their wisdom with me back in the early 1960s said that the best treatise on exposure was found in the Weston Master instruction manual, using those four letters.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Weston revised the calculator dial each time. Personally I think the Master IV dial is the easiest to read, it's got a roulette arrangement. Once you spend a few minutes figuring it out, it's easy to decypher. The Ranger 9 is nice, but it's also physically larger so everything's a little easier to read (IMO).

My favorite comes from a Sekonic L-228 zoom. Big dial, easy to read numbers. I think it was highly influenced by the best of the Weston dials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin