Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,476   Posts: 1,570,998   Online: 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Now John Prine's music is far more important than Ari's post, a must Ari.

Ian
    Does John Prine have an international audience?

Catsup must look pretty good when using ortho film! But I would think a model would approve of chocolate sauce over a barbeque sauce!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Now John Prine's music is far more important than Ari's post, a must Ari.
    Sorry Ian, I miss the reference as I don't know his music.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby1923 View Post
    Alfred Hitchcock used Bosco Chocolate Syrup.... If you have seen any old Hitchcock movies the effect is very "Bloody"

Presumably as in the shower scene in Psycho. As a dark brown colour this sounds right to me. It struck me that tomato ketchup would be far too red and thus too pale for panchromatic film. However in any scene such as the shower scene when blood mixes and is diluted by water, it does it in a certain way and I'd have thought that a substance such as chocolate sauce would behave radically different when mixed with water. I wonder what the trick is to make sauce act like blood in water while still looking like blood?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Presumably as in the shower scene in Psycho. As a dark brown colour this sounds right to me. It struck me that tomato ketchup would be far too red and thus too pale for panchromatic film. However in any scene such as the shower scene when blood mixes and is diluted by water, it does it in a certain way and I'd have thought that a substance such as chocolate sauce would behave radically different when mixed with water. I wonder what the trick is to make sauce act like blood in water while still looking like blood?

pentaxuser
    A friend worked in Hollywood FX dept. He said they chilled down the Hershey's chocolate syrup to make it thicker. Also that shower was COLD in Psycho.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Rusty for the info. It can be an interesting talking point now both for Psycho fans and those enjoying B&W films. Some stand out for being B&W. Psycho is one and High Noon is another.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find Smucker's Dove Dark Chocolate has a nice deep color and contrast.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    George Romero used Bosco for Night of the Living Dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin