Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,605   Online: 1260

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gossen Lightmeter Attachment Confusion

Hey APUG community,

This is my first post, be gentle haha. Anyway to cut to the chase I own a Gossen Lunasix F lightmeter and I am considering purchasing the variable "spotmeter" angle attachment. My problem is I am confused on whether or not thisis compatible with the Lunasix F. What furthur confuses me is the Lunasix F's manual which refers to the angle attachment as "tele attachment". I believe the Lunasix F is just a renamed version of the Luna Pro F, therefore it should work... However I want to make sure with someone who has experience. Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Feelanalog------YES

Look here:

http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/ba_lunasixf_e.pdf

I have the Luna Pro-F and the vari-spot it takes a little to get use to how to use it. I mostly use the 7.5 degree.

I would get it if you want to use a spot meter it's a lot cheaper that a real 1 degree spot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh yea I find that if you use the 15 degree you need to add 1 1/3 to 1 1/2 stops not the 1 they say. The 7.5 degree is right on at adding 3 stops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    23mjm: Great! Thanks for the information! I think I shall purchase one, only problem is I seriously do not want to deal with shipping to Toronto from B&H. I guess I'll try Craigslist. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Those things are getting harder and harder to find---check eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gossen-Luna-Pro-...QQcmdZViewItem

Might be more reasonable shipping---eBay is were I got mine

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a Gossen LunaPro SBC and use that spot meter attachment. It works reasonably well. I prefer my 1 degree meter for accuracy but like the ergonomics of the LunaPro dial better. I found this website which seems to say that the attachment would work with your meter:

http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/f...1_lunasix3.gif
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting information just came to me when I read my Profisix light meter manual.

In the section regarding accessories and their usage, there was a note regarding the use of Lunasix 3 attachments.

I didn't realise that there were different attachments for the Lunasix compared to the rest of the range.

An example, and I quote from my handbook.:-

You are using the Tele attachment of the Lunasix 3 on your Profisix, set for the 7.5 degree measuring angle; you would have to set the scale value on the Lunasix 3 to the green index. To consider the correction value on the Profisix, set the white index (15) at "(+)3" on the EV modification scale (13).

Unquote:-

So it appears that there are different Tele attachments, with what appears to be identical external looks. I have never realised that the Tele attachment came in anything other than the one version. Something I didn't know.

I have used a Tele attachment on my Profisix, I did like it but I have the spot attachment which takes 1, 5 & 10 degree readings. One day when one pops up at a reasonable price I may be enticed.

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin