Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,803   Online: 934

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    I love contact printing. There's nothing else like it, so first 4x5, a skip up to 8x10 and, of course, an 11x14 as soon as I find one at the same time I'm not broke. I already got some lenses. The cameras aren't so big to me because I've spent my life hauling around and hefting big metal motion picture cameras.

Images
    When I settle on one I'll tell you.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I went LF because that's what the photographers who's work I admired the most used. 4x5 made the most sense as the forests and mountains here are rugged, with few trails.

Murray

I've pretty much settled on 120 roll film cameras. The older I get, the less appeal hauling my 4x5 seems to have. I guess my romantic idea of using a view camera in the wild has faded with time. (And time is something I don't have a lot of these days, family life and all.) I find 120 much more spontaneous than sheet film, and my success rate is higher.

If I get a chance to ramble with a camera, I take my Hasselblad. I figure it will do the job about 90% of the time. If I want a bigger negative, I'll pull out my Fuji GW690III. Sell my view camera? Maybe, but not today. Those big negs are so nice to print . . .

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For me, bigger is better but my practical limit on bigger is 4x5. I went from 35 to 6x7 to 4x5 and I now use both 35mm and 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Choose? One?

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    When I settle on one I'll tell you.
    Ditto.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I'm a 35mm shooter because I love the flexibility this format offers me. The cameras are relatively portable and easier to carry than other format. This allows me to do a range of photography, from candid street photography to portraits, and still get good results. I don't just expect grainless 20" x 24" prints.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back when at school I started with 35mm and once swapped for a Yashicamat for a weekend, later I bought a very early Rolleicord, followed swiftly by a pair on Mamiyas a C33 & C3. 120 they became my main B&W format. Then came 5x4 in my early 20's but used mainly for business/work.

When I began shooting more personal work in the mid 80's I became frustrated by lack of movements with my Mamiya 645's, so switched to 5x4 only using 120 for commercial work.

Then I grew up and bought a 10x8, it's a progression. I still use 35mm but only very occasionally, I've begun shooting 6x17 because I'd always wanted to shoot with a much wider format, and now I have a hankering to shoot square again, so have a Yashicamat and a Rolleiflex.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two score and then some,
    holding cameras in my grip.
    I finally found a nine by twelve,
    to be the perfect fit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin