Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,381   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Art, with a little effort that could become an epic poem.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    My gear owns the house. At the moment, the DSLR is in the bedroom, the majority of the rest of the gear is in the dining room (aka the studio), the dining table is in the living room, the 8x10 and its accessories are in the basement, some of the other small format stuff is also in the basement, and then there's the darkroom and its associated gear. Yikes.
    LOL! So does mine. At least my husband would say so! But the majority of it (in my opinion) lives in the bedroom closet and in some plastic boxes on some shelving/under the bed.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine's locked in a cupboard to try and stop any more getting in.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've got various cases and bags for everything. Humidity isn't too bad most of the year in NYC, just in the summers. If you were to visit my apartment, it may not look like it, but I've been trying to pare down the last couple of years. I've basically got ten cameras, many lenses, some lighting equipment, and darkroom gear.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mine is all in the house somewhere.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been pondering the same question. I have yet to find or even think of, a good solution for all the various formats and cameras I won. Nothing is shaped like a box, and despite what seems like two dozen box sizes, the box is always too large or too small for a given camera system or format.

I'm (very) slowly transforming a second bedroom (given it's size, more of a half-bedroom) into a darkroom. I put in four sets of the wire, baker's type shelving units, and that swallowed all but a 1/4 of my stuff. It's all in boxes, a few non-camera bags, and the LF stuff is just sitting out. Unfortunately, I need to move one of the units out to allow for the Beseler Adjus-Table that I'm working on putting together. I bought the fourth shelf just to stage everything and get it off the floor, not realizing I really need a FIFTH set of shelves to stage, not a fourth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay,...some great information here on this thread! Now if I could just have some addresses, we'll be all set.

Actually, I have all my photo equipment (cameras, lenses, lighting, darkroom, etc.) in one climate controlled room (a.k.a.: the basement) when not in use. Same temp and humidity all year. The small camera gear (35mm/6x6/6x7) is stored (and transported around) in LowePro bags and backpacks. I'm considering, APUG sponsor, Photobackpacker's products http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.asp for my 4x5 & 5x7 gear. Everything, except for the custom tubs containing my lighting equipment, is stored on shelves. Tubs are on the floor.

The so-called 'custom tubs' I mentioned are simply large Rubber Maid tubs with closed-cell foam padding I obtained from a local industrial supplier.

I have a bunch of old but working cameras on the basement shelves that I use once in a while. These are just some old '6 x something' folders, a 127 camera or two, various 1950's vintage 35mm stuff, a 35mm half-frame camera, etc. I have one cheap generic camera bag that I use for what ever old camera I decide to shoot with on any given day.

My address is not available by the way, and, the basement is guarded by, well.....I'll keep that part a surprise.

Marc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin