Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,630   Online: 1120

Thread: Expo '86

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Expo '86

My wife and I attended Expo '86 in Vancouver BC and I shot hundreds of Kodachrome 25's. I have boxes and boxes of slides that have never seen a piece of paper or screen.

What would you do with such a collection? I can't print them it's not possible, scanning them would take too long then what? Should I get slide projector and show them; when? I don't want to toss them out.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Lucky you; I wasn't able to make the trip!

You could try making a series of B&W internegatives, using a macro lens or enlarging lens on a bellows, and then make contact sheets for reference. Or, you could also do the same with colour film, which would be a bit trickier, and have a lab (if you can FIND one these days!) make colour contact sheets, or small machine prints, if budget permits.

Send me a PM if you need more details on the internegative production.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am not a big fan of slide projectors for images of importance.
    The heat of the projector softens the emulsion and traps dust, any post production then has issues with crap on the original.

You could try putting them into batches, density/contrast groupings and then scanning them on a flatbead. This way you could make presentations/shows without damaging the originals.

The best could be interneged/scanned for prints.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin