Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,161   Posts: 1,614,356   Online: 1224

Thread: Exposure meters

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format

Exposure meters

I have a Gossen Luna Pro in which I use the battery adapter sold I think by B&H. I sent it to Quality Light Metrics a while back for service. It is about 2 stops off in part of the scale. I returned it, they checked it, said it was fine. However it remains 2 stops off. (I calibrate using Dr. Richard Henry's methodology) and Quality refunded my money. Does anyone know if this is a battery problem or ?

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    I calibrate using Dr. Richard Henry's methodology
    What is that calibration methodology? I assume that Quality Light uses accepted photometric standards against a NIST reference. If it has a traceable calibration I'd normally accept it to be "correct" (to the extent that the meter can correctly measure and what it measures) and re-examine my in-house testing method.

P.S.: The calibration is normally with the voltage as supplied. The Gossen does not have a balanced circuit and so must be calibrated with your adapter.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It would most definitely not be a battery problem. It sounds like either the calibration or photo cell may be damaged and is not picking up lower values properly.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin