Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,178   Posts: 1,658,749   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use small camera bags I'm sure you already have inside a carry on regular suitcase with handle and wheels.
    Save your money for the cuisine and film.

happy traveling..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    When I travel, I pack my camera and gear in the case I plan to use at my destination. Usually it is a shoulder stap bag or a small back pack. I then put that bag, along with film, a few magazines, books etc. into a standard pilot case for carry on to the airline. The pilot case stays in the hotel room with my extra film and I carry only the gear I plan to use that day on location.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I was in Calumet today picking up a few supplies, and browsing the cases, and I noticed a really nice wheeled case from Kata that might be what you want. It was surprisingly light compared to similar cases, and they seem well designed and protective. I didn't write down the model number I was looking at, but I checked over at www.kata-bags.com , and I think it was OC-84 , definitely one of the OC-series cases.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ended up going with the ThinkTank Case. Delivery was quicker from the US than from Sydney to Perth!! Nice case and I'm looking forward to an "organised" travel. Also a lighter alternative to my much loved Pelican case, on other suitable assignments.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.a...ctCode=xcase01

It's not a camera case but I fitted a RZ and a couple lenses with room left over. Even an 8x10 fits.

I used lens wraps and bubble wrap but it wouldn't be that hard to stick foam in it.

Airline legal. Light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I have a 1510 "in transit" as I write. ... I hope to get a Mamiya RB, 4 lenses, 3 backs, prism, spot meter, and all the assorted do-dads in it; plus have room for film.
    Everything fits fine, but I see you've made your decision. Hope it does the trick!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good choice Nicole. I have this bag and it's terrific. The hidden cable lock is useful as is the combo lid lock. Try and get the low dividers so you can fit a laptop inside the case. Be careful loading it up as it can get rather heavy which will cause no end of headaches at the check in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks David, I'm very happy with the ThinkTank so far.

Nick, bubble wrap is a great option! I made a bubble wrap satchel for my son to take one of my cameras on school camp with him. Well, I needed some sort of buffer for the poor little bugger to try and make it back to me safely in one piece. I'm talking about the camera!

Thank you canuhead. The inserts weren't snug enough for me so I've replaced them with foam, same as the Pelican case I use. This has reduced the weight a little.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Uh oh, Nicole. I checked the webpage, and when I looked for their different configurations, the page explained how many DSLRs the bag would fit. So, maybe it won't work too well for your analog gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm too late for this thread. I was going to recommend you look into Kata for carry-on baggage: http://www.kata-bags.com I have the R-102 backpack. Holds my Hassey, two lenses and my laptop! Work and play in one bag. Fits under the seat.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 05-12-2008 at 01:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin