Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,214   Online: 921

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Adorama on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by MARCUZA View Post
    I purchased a used Fuji G690 with 100mm 3.5 lens directly from the company's website. The camera/lens was described as E-, which, according to Adorama's published condition scale, states specifically " no brassing". This camera arrived with significant brassing and the focusing ring on the lens was usuably stiff and in need of a CLA. To Adorama's credit, they accepted the return and refunded the purchase price + shipping. This week, I notice that Adorama is selling the exact same item on Ebay. It is still condition rated as E-. I have bought new equipment and accessories from Adorama and am quite pleased with their prices and services and will continue to buy from them . Regarding used equipment, however, buyer be very aware!
    Dear Marcuza

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I shall be following this through with the Ebay Dept. as soon as they open for business

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Dear Marcuza

So, I have got - I think - to the bottom of this one.

The item was indeed accepted back from you and you were refunded in full - as per our 90-day returns policy on used equipment.

Subsequently it was cleaned up (no, I don't know why this may not have been addressed adequately prior to sending it out to you), and put on Ebay.
    While it is true that the rating is still E-, the Used department are actualy in the process of re-evaluating the Adorama rating system.

The 'new' E-: Excellent Minus 85-89% of original condition - Shows signs of moderate use - Lens Glass is perfect but may have some dust which will not affect picture quality.

I hope that this clarifies the position, but do feel free to contact me directly if you have any further queries.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

www.adorama.com
    Last edited by HelenOster; 11-03-2008 at 09:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling error

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have had good luck with Adorama items on eBay, but have the luxury of paying/picking up in person, so I can make sure it's been accurately described. It's been my experience that they grade fairly on most things. One exception was a Deardorff V8 that was 'excellent' on their website, but when I went in to see it, it was way, way overgraded. That was three years ago, and of late they've been very good about grading.
    Neal

Shooter
    35mm
    Good Morning, All

In response to a number of suggestions regarding the clarity of our Used gradings at Adorama - some from this forum - we are now using the following (any comments are very welcome).

Helen Oster

N) New (Brand new)
    All original packaging and manuals included

D) Demo (Like New) 98-100% of original condition
    Like New with little or no signs of use

E+) Excellent Plus 96-97% of original condition
    May have slight wear but only visible under close up inspection

E) Excellent 90-95% of original condition
    Lens Glass very clean - cosmetically may show slight wear and/or signs of use

E-) Excellent Minus 85-89% of original condition
    Shows signs of moderate use - Lens Glass is perfect but may have some dust which will not affect picture quality

V) Very Good 75-84% of original condition
    Appears well used and may include dings, brassing, scrapes and bruises but is in fully functional condition. Glass may have marks or haze that should not affect picture quality

G) Good 50-74% of original condition
    Appears to have been used very heavily with multiple dings, scrapes, scratches and heavy brassing. Glass may have fungus, excessive dust and/or scratches that can affect picture quality

F) Fair Item works with certain malfunctions. Read comments for exact malfunction details

X) For parts only

Accessories:
    New – As Packaged by manufacturer
    For all other grades – Instruction books, caps, batteries, cases, and straps are sold separately, except when specified

All digital cameras are packed with Battery and charger except when stated otherwise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone can nitpick on service, but personally my experiences have all been excellent with Adorama. If I were to have a gripe it is that despite being a repeat seller, I have to go through the same verification process on my cards etc, every time, because I am living in Belgium. Not a problem, but time and money consuming with international calls etcThe rating system has been fair with me to date. Rgds, Kal

Shooter
    35mm

response from Adorama Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    Anyone can nitpick on service, but personally my experiences have all been excellent with Adorama. If I were to have a gripe it is that despite being a repeat seller, I have to go through the same verification process on my cards etc, every time, because I am living in Belgium. Not a problem, but time and money consuming with international calls etcThe rating system has been fair with me to date. Rgds, Kal
    Can you contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com?

I can't promise, but it's worth us looking to see if our records are up-to-date and if there is anything that we could do to make your life easier.

Helen Oster

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    .... I've just reconsidered my long-held evaluation of Adorama... for the better.

They (you, Helen) are LISTENING!!

Now to bookmark Adorama's web site...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    .... I've just reconsidered my long-held evaluation of Adorama... for the better.

Thank you, Ed - and if you need any help with an order from Adorama, please don't hesitate to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Helen Oster

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post

Ditto!

I can't begin say how much it matters to me that someone is listening and responding. It is totally refeshing and gives much confidence. Bravo.

C
    Last edited by CBG; 12-02-2008 at 05:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thrilled with Adorama. I bought and paid for an item on Tuesday last week. It arrived Thursday. I live in Vancouver B.C. so that is ALOT of miles to cover. UPS only charged $4 ! Have my Christmas order ready to go.When I did my business it was with Izzy. He seemd like a good person to deal with.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 12-02-2008 at 10:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin