Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,883   Online: 1040

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon Apo-Nikkor 305mm, Nikon Apo-Nikkor 360mm

I have both of these lenses in barrel and would like to know if anyone here is using one of them and what they are using it on. SK Grimes lists them as going into a Copal #1 and a Copal #3, any thoughts.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Curt, I have a 305/9, shoot 2x3 with it. I hang the lens in front of a #1. It is wonderful from f/9 down, best at f/16. I expect that on a larger format corner sharpness might be better at f/16 or f/22 than at f/9.

Adam once told me that the lens' cells go directly into a #1. I have no idea how to get them out of their barrel and no motivation to try. Why don't you ask him directly?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I have both of these lenses in barrel and would like to know if anyone here is using one of them and what they are using it on. SK Grimes lists them as going into a Copal #1 and a Copal #3, any thoughts.

Curt
    I have both of these lenses in barrel mounts and use them on my 8x10. Both of mine are excellent performers. I mounted them on lens boards and use them with a Sock Shutter. See my APUG Gallery.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dan and Tom, I hadn't thought of using one with 2x3, I have one of those too. Tom the Sock Shutter looks great, I see that you have the Shen Hao and the panorama back, how do you like it? I bought one of the 4x5 Shen Hao cameras too. I think I'll give them a try on an 8x10, I have the two lenses and one mounting ring. Each lens has the aperture ring with holes but to mount it with that the barrel would have to rotate. Each barrel screws into the same mounting ring so I could mount the ring on a board and just screw in the lens of my choice. I probably won't mount either in a shutter, they are fine the way they are. Mine are like new and were very inexpensive so that's why I have them. I saw that AA had the 360 on his horizontal enlarger, I'm going to use mine for shooting.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Thanks Dan and Tom, I hadn't thought of using one with 2x3, I have one of those too. Tom the Sock Shutter looks great, I see that you have the Shen Hao and the panorama back, how do you like it? I bought one of the 4x5 Shen Hao cameras too. I think I'll give them a try on an 8x10, I have the two lenses and one mounting ring. Each lens has the aperture ring with holes but to mount it with that the barrel would have to rotate. Each barrel screws into the same mounting ring so I could mount the ring on a board and just screw in the lens of my choice. I probably won't mount either in a shutter, they are fine the way they are. Mine are like new and were very inexpensive so that's why I have them. I saw that AA had the 360 on his horizontal enlarger, I'm going to use mine for shooting.

Curt
    I like my 6x12 rollfilm back very much. I usually use it on my 4x5 Shen Hao.

I also use it on my 8x10 Wehman (I have a 4x5 Graflok back for my Wehman).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use it on my 8x10 Wehman (I have a 4x5 Graflok back for my Wehman).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am new here. Glad to know Apo-Nikkor 305mm F9 can work with 8x10. I had mounted it on Copal 3# and work with Toyo 4x5, really nice lens, sharp and nice color. It has mounting threads M72x1, I made an adapter for copal 3#. I found the lens cells can not screw in copal 1# directly, must be modified ( make screws for copal 1# ), really dangrous work ( at least for me ).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin