Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,261   Online: 753

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two great neighboring countries separated by a common language (to paraphrase Churchill). Happy Canada day. What was Canada before that auspicious date? Frozen tundra? A vacuum? I can't find anything in my histories about what it was before that date in 1867.

I gather Hollywood is moving to Vancouver bit by bit. Canada is becoming quite the center for entertainment. Pretty soon you will have all of those movie stars living up there. Then you can really celebrate.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Two great neighboring countries separated by a common language (to paraphrase Churchill). Happy Canada day. What was Canada before that auspicious date? Frozen tundra? A vacuum? I can't find anything in my histories about what it was before that date in 1867.

I gather Hollywood is moving to Vancouver bit by bit. Canada is becoming quite the center for entertainment. Pretty soon you will have all of those movie stars living up there. Then you can really celebrate.

PE
    Here on the prairies it is going to be sunny and hot, so one or two "cool ones" will be in order later in the afternoon. Then it's all about a BBQ, outdoor stage shows and fireworks!

http://www.linksnorth.com/canada-history/discovery.html
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I hear there's a buzz in the air today!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Our daughter is in the parade with the gymnastics club, then it's off to the food fair. Kitimat's a culturally diverse little town and there's going to be foods from all over the world, but I'm going for the Indian 'full plate'. Then it's off to a barbecue with family, friends, and a thundering herd of seven to four year old kids. I'm on holidays so I'll be able to imbibe freely

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Our daughter is in the parade with the gymnastics club, then it's off to the food fair. Kitimat's a culturally diverse little town and there's going to be foods from all over the world, but I'm going for the Indian 'full plate'. Then it's off to a barbecue with family, friends, and a thundering herd of seven to four year old kids. I'm on holidays so I'll be able to imbibe freely

Murray
    Ahh, Potuguese wine, Spring Salmon from the Kitimat, or trout when they can't be found. Crab sandwhiches at the Hotel. I haven't been to Kitimat for 27 years, but you live in one of th most beautiful places in Canada.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Canada Day!!! Thanks for your major part of liberating The Netherlands back in WWII and getting food to the starving Dutch in the nick of time to end the "Hunger Winter" of 1945. If not for you, I wouldn't be here. I love Canada!

Marc

Shooter
    35mm

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl View Post
    Happy Canada day from one with close ties and warm thoughts... I saw this cartoon the other day & thought it was hilarious... consider it a birthday gift!
    That's great! Thanks for the birthday wishes, from the country that invented beer boxes with handles that are big enough that you can pick them up wearing mittens!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    Just the same as the US was prior to the American Revolution, British colonies and lands belonging to First Nations. Of course Quebec or Lower Canada pre-confederation was once a French Colony.
    Certainly not a vacuum for instance Canada was crossed overland a decade or more before Lewis and Clark's expedition. But at that time much of present day Canada belonged to a department store (Company of Adventures Trading in the Hudson's Bay)

Going to be dry and hot here today but not as hot as yesterday.

Everyone enjoy themselves today

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy Canada Day. It couldn't be a nicer day, sunny, warm and a strong north wind for some sailboarding. Here's raising a cold one to you.

Cheers.
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should be watching fireworks right now, but instead I'm watching a five-week-old baby while my wife gets some well-needed rest. Hope everyone else had a great day!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin