Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,145   Online: 1025

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If it makes you feel any better Jordan, our family also stayed in - with a 3.5 year old, a 9 month old who is sick, and two dogs, it can be hard to get out for fireworks. There is always next year.....

It sure was a beautiful day though!!
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Had to work this morning and evening, but got to the park for ice cream and a concert during the afternoon. Took some digisnaps just to give the poor little Nikon D some excercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgallb View Post
    I haven't been to Kitimat for 27 years, but you live in one of th most beautiful places in Canada.
    Kitimat's shrunk since then and the valley is pretty much clear cut, but we're still perched on the edge of paradise

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A belated Happy Canada Day!

I love threads like this, I always end up in Google Earth looking up the places mentioned!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm

Happy Dominion Day!

Don't you mean Dominion Day?

I had a very happy Dominion Day; I was up on Parliament Hill, at the Cenotaph and in the Market area of Ottawa, photographing. It's always interesting when you are stopped by a photographer, usually an older person, who looks at your cameras, and says words to the effect of, "Nikon Fs! I haven't seen those in years!" I had that happen yesterday no less than five times; it would seem that my two motorized Nikon Fs still command attention.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It was a fine 4 day weekend

A great holiday, that tends to move around in the week, year to year. This year I took off Monday, to let a 4 day weekend happen. Not a ton of things on the to do list got done, which makes it a fine holiday weekend experience.

We motored up to my mom's and went off strawberry picking, as I have for some 20 years or so on this weekend. Now there is enough jam for her and my in laws for another year, and lots of frozen berries to mate up with the rhubarb I have put up already. A strawberry rhubarb pie made in the depths of winter sure does taste good.

Canada day itself we spent in shade the back yard at an old friends house on the way back from Orillia., as the kids splashed in a small pool, and played on the swings, and with whatever else they could lay thier hands on. When it was time to go, we tuned the hose on them to clean them off, stuck dry swim trunks on them, and left them to sleep as we finished our trip back to the City.

For the first long weekend in memory, I was not stuck in traffic either. Perhaps high gas prices can have an upside.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence Brennan View Post
    Oh boo. Good riddance to that name. It's Canada Day!

Regards, Art. (D'oh! Shouldn't have chomped on the bait ...)
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dominion Day was renamed Canada Day decades ago.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    I wandered around a local park for a couple of hours, shot a bit, but it was quite crowded.

At night I did something I've never done before - attempted to shoot fireworks. I had some expired Agfa Ultra 50, so I used that with approx. 30s exposures at f/8. Have to get the film developed, I'm very interested to see how it will turn out.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm

Dominion Day/Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Oh boo. Good riddance to that name. It's Canada Day!

Regards, Art. (D'oh! Shouldn't have chomped on the bait ...)
    Oh boo, yourself. Don't you have any appreciation for the traditional? Or are you planning to "go digital" as well?

And who cares if a previous government abolished "Dominion Day" in favor of the oh-so-PC "Canada Day?" They also started us on the road to abolishing traditional values, such as freedom of speech and conscience. Don't get it? Have a look at today's headlines, if you still read a newspaper, that is. Or is that too traditional?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin