Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 755

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's a tad pricey for me (link), but you can also use a slide bar and any medium format camera if your subject does not move. Or, you can link a pair of cameras to fire at roughly the same time as long as your subject is not moving really fast.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The easiest thing is to go see an I-Max 3D movie. They are truly stunning. I loved bugs as did our granddaughters. They thought the 3D effect was wonderful.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    This spring I crossed paths with Dave Nardi - who posts here from time to time. He was showing off 6x6 stereo transparencies and the image generated by the pair of images was WOW. Dave uses a tri lens camera of current manufacture made in China. If you are instrested in streo this is cretainly an impressive way to go.
    Thanks Mike,

I have a 3D camera made by 3DWorld in China. It uses 120 format film to create six pairs on a roll. This camera creates extremely high resolution images that look mouthwatering in the accompanying viewer. Check the camera out at www.3dworld.cn. I bought mine via an American distributer in Las Vegas, Nevada. They are www.3dstereo.com. Unfortunately the price jumped from $1395 when I bought it a year ago to $1745 today. Check here for full specs and to see the accessories that it comes with, including the mounting jig. www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/cam-tl120ii.html

I process the film myself (standard E-6) and mount the pairs by hand using the cardboard mounts that this company offers. They are much cheaper than the plastic ones.

If you can afford the new price and love the idea of taking ultra sharp 3D photos then I recommend this camera. Most of my photos are taken with a tripod but I often use it handheld. It is fairly bulky but it fits nicely in the hands.

Just a note on the creator: I was told that that the guy is a wealthy individual who formed this company becasue he loved 3D so much. It is inspiring to see someone develop thier passions into products we can all enjoy. It may look bleak at times for us film types, but I believe there will always be someone who takes the next step to keep the products we like to use alive and kicking. Another great example is www.fotomancamera.com, a company who specializes in panoramic 120 film cameras. They sprouted shortly after Fuji discontinued their highly acclaimed GX617 panoramic camera.

Cheers,

David

David S. Nardi Photography
    david@davidnardi.com
    www.davidnardi.com
    Last edited by David Nardi; 07-21-2008 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin