Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,518   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Raucous, the pvc pipes work really well, I leave them tied,...the 3 bungies , one for each boot are tied at the top, I pulled that up to a homemade hook, hanger wire etc. very easy to slip on and off. I had an 18 inch set and a 36 inch set used to shoot mangrove roots in salt water tide in and is salt marsh, tide out...an on going project, when I get back around to it. Good luck
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My intimate knowledge of carbon fiber tripods is limited to a "Dynatran" I got from Amvona via ePrey, but its fittings below the head level appear to be all non-metallic materials. I would think that might be a significant advantage in saltwater use. I have no idea whether any of the big name CF units are similar. This one is rated for 17 pounds and I got it for $66 (without a head), so you'll hear no complaints from me.

DaveT

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Surely Terence has the right idea. Buy a cheap one and throw it away and buy a new when the salt causes a problem;

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I do a fair amount of shooting near the beach, and I have been using two layers of plastic bags, and even still I wash the heck out of the tripod when I am finished. Safer that way. Good Luck
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin