Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,518   Online: 900

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

APUG makes nice things happen

Victor and Bob, one other little side note besides the paper we'll arrange to get to you from Ted's studio.

As I've been working through those things, I found some BlackJacket focusing cloths, and of course I contacted Keith Walklet to see if he'd like back these prototypes he had given Ted to show students in his workshops. Keith very graciously told me he didn't need them back, and that I was free to do with them as I saw fit. I really hadn't thought about it any further, til I saw that BlackJacket has a banner ad on APUG. In light of the support here for Bob's initiative on your behalf, and the fact that APUG is one of the ways we can bring together those who need help with those who can help, I think that's a sign that these focusing cloths should go to your school. It's not a big thing, but just a little "something extra" that might not otherwise have come your way, I hope.

So, Keith, if you're listening, thanks for being such a good colleague to Ted, and for advertising on APUG so that good works can happen beyond what you originally imagined.

(Not to mention thanks to our own Sean, who makes connections among people possible at all.)

Send me an address, and as I'm shipping other things to other people, I'll get these to you, Victor.

I love it when it works this way.

Best,
    Amy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the time being I've made this thread sticky in the hope that we can do some back to school giving prior to the arrival of the kids.

Good on you Bob, and all those who followed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've got about 100 sheets of Kodak E100S Readyload I'd be happy to send.
    Just tell me where!
    Best,
    Rory

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am very thankful to all who are supporting Victor and his students. Amy thank you very much for your doanations from Teds stock I know the students will use up the material , Laura and I will drop by late Sept to say hello.

I will make sure everything gets to the school that is sent to me, and I think I can coax Les Mclean to spend a day with Victors students(showing them how to make nice black and white prints) when he arrives back in Canada this fall.
    On a personal note I just hired a highschool student (different school from Victors) to a two year apprenticeship. Nigel has worked for me the last year and has proven to be a great addition to our team. Some of you will see him and get to know him and for me it is very , very heartwarming to know 18year olds still consider what we do as cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ELEVATOR
    42 Industrial St.
    Toronto, ON M4G 1Y9

I'd contact Bob (bob at elevatordigital dot ca) and warn him prior to shipping any thing from out of country. If you put a value on it and the origin is not Canada then it is likely to be taxed and a duty levied.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks to both Bob and Victor for helping to foster another generation of photographers. Who knows, perhaps in time Vanier will be known for it's photography department and not just its really, really, really good looking alumni.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    ELEVATOR
    42 Industrial St.
    Toronto, ON M4G 1Y9

I'd contact Bob (bob at elevatordigital dot ca) and warn him prior to shipping any thing from out of country. If you put a value on it and the origin is not Canada then it is likely to be taxed and a duty levied.
    Good tip, JD, thanks... Bob, are you thinking you might pick up at least some rolls and boxes when you're here in the fall? Or should I start doing my research on what "Gift" means on the customs forms?

Shooter
    Multi Format

supported formats?

I see only 4x5 mentioned above. Will you be supporting 35mm? Or just photography in general? I have a third party Nikon mount lens and maybe a flash or two. If I can find them in storage, I know I've got some unused pc sync cables. I'm sure I could throw a handful of film in there too.
    Does anyone know or have a link for regulations regarding sending developer/chemicals from US to CA?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OP says surplus equipment so I'd say 35mm would be just as useful.

I should point out to Mr Carnie that only partners and spouses refer to photographic equipment as excessive

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you all for your support. APUG's community is truly fantastic!
    35mm stuff is really useful as I am training them on the 35mm SLRs before letting anybody touch digital.

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin