Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,310   Online: 890

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    victor how many 35mm cameras would be enough to start?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Victor, would your Toronto school be interested in a 4x5 pinhole camera made by Noon? Heres the blurb on RetroPhotographics website....

Noon Pinhole 5x4 The Noon Pinhole cameras are handmade in Poland from Jatobá (Hymenaea courbaril), also known as Brazilian cherry, a tree common to the Caribbean, Central, and South America and Brazil. Fitted with a 0.3mm laser drilled pinhole individually microscopically examined for roundness, the focal length is 50mm corresponding to a f number of about f/152. Image capture angle is 116 degrees.

The camera accepts a standard Double Dark Slide in a rather unusually ingenious way: instead of a conventional slot, the DDS is placed in the back of the camera and held in position by a ribbed wooden dowel which slides down angled guides – push the dowel down firmly to hold the DDS against the light trap. Simple and effective.
    I can send this to Bob also if your school would like it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    victor how many 35mm cameras would be enough to start?
    I really have no limit and the simple reason is that I have come to accept that a certain amount of breakage occurs every year. After all, the K-1000's that we use are quite old. Guess what they charge for repairs? Yup, an amount that exceeds the worth of the actual camera.

I think that if any of you have any crusty old 8x10" cameras lying around (100 years old even, it doesn't matter), and film (even ortho film)that would go a long way to getting the DeVere we just got into action.

Cheers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes the pinhole camera would be great. Since Bob gave us the DeVere, we're always looking for more LF stuff so that we can put it into action

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin