Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,604   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

American Science and Surplus

I know a lot of folks buy used equipment. Came across this site: http://www.sciplus.com/index.cfm

Pretty neat place.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Images
    Good Morning, Art,

I've purchased various items from American Science and Surplus. They have always delivered as promised and shipped quickly. The catalog is quirky and somewhat entertaining, but generally gives accurate descriptions. The only disadvantage for me is that the company is located in Illinois, which means that I have to pay state sales tax.

Konical

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We have one of their stores here in Milwaukee. Sometimes they have amazing bargains on containers and glassware...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This place is so cool it is unbelievable! Like Evan says, we have one in Milwaukee & it is the most interesting (and unusual) place! I take the grandkids there every once in a while.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would love it if they had one in my area - talk about a shop to get addicted by! I got a lot of my glassware for my wet plate collodion outfit from them.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I would love it if they had one in my area - talk about a shop to get addicted by! I got a lot of my glassware for my wet plate collodion outfit from them.
    In the stores they sometimes have temporary, huge quantities of Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, nalgene and glass bottles at really good prices. I'm lucky to have a good lab supply here in town for exotic chemicals and glassware but new glass is EXPENSIVE and increased in the last few months...Ec

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, gr82bart, that's a neat site. I also like Edmund Scientific
    http://scientificsonline.com/ they have a lot of stuff too. Prices might not be quite so good.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin