Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,077   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My new tripod cost more than many cameras. It's my fourth. I purchased a brand-new Marchioni Tiltall years ago. Still have it, but it's a little dusty, like me. Purchased an eye-level Gitzo.

I humbly suggest that a tripod and transparency film can teach you more about photography than you can see and remember. But they do make it seem possible.

I have often suggested to budding photographers to spend less on the camera and one lens, and budget for a tripod and flash. Both are less than convenient, but for many images, they add possibilities in leaps and bounds. Simply, it can be more fun.

On second thought, if you manually expose and focus, it can be more fun. If not, then your priorities are likely different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Slik will be fine, esp for a lighter 35mm camera...using mirror lockup will also help exposures. I took my Slik with me on my first trip to Europe, nice and light and it was great for all types of shots, including long night exposures.

You can judge for yourself after you see you your images, but it certainly is better than nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin