Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,861   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format

Slide projectors

A couple of old slide projectors have turned up in my local paper but I am unable to find much information searching google. I mainly use 120 but also the occasional 35mm. I am fairly new to the film and my focus has been aimed towards hand printing but I do plan to shoot with transparency films and a cheap projector could be a handy addition.

Kodaslide home projector circa 60's hand operated.

Hanimax Rondette 1800

Thanks for any links or information.
    Stephen
    S Raff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's not much to go wrong with the Kodak, I don't think it even needs a tray.
    Depending on the tray the Ham&eggs uses or comes with I would be leery just 'cus it's a Hanimex.
    If you're looking for a decent machine find the last generation Kodak or Leica. For 120 you're going to look long & hard. the good ones ran into big $$$ unless you could find a 120 version of the hand operated Kodak.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll tell you a secret: it is not uncommon for Rollei 66 projectors in working order to sell for about €100 on ebay.de. Shipping is expensive and risky, though, as they are very heavy and their glass condenser lenses are extremely fragile. I'm very happy with my P66S. It is a very simple and rugged machine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies.

I went over to see the Kodak as it was just a few miles away and ended up spending a good hour chatting to this nice old boy about his days of wet plating with his father. As a result I ended up taking the Kodaslide (which works fine) and a box of his great grandfathers wet plating bits and pieces, like plates, frames, masks, ruby oil lamp and ceramic dishes for not much more than a couple of bottles of wine.

Stephen
    S Raff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin