Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,354   Online: 1062

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    All my negs go in ring binders in gasline file sheets opposite the contact sheet, so they are easy to identify quickly, my equipment is kept in two locked filing cabinets, the records are on Microsoft Excel.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    Which inventory system are you using to keep track of your equipment and negative files - Exel, FileMaker Pro...?

Things are getting out of hand, especially on the negative files front...
    Just a simple log book (MS Works database) in which I record the date, film, camera, lens, subject, and processing if B&W. I number the films according to month, date, and sequence number for the month. The first roll I shoot this month will be #1008-1.

I file the negatives in PrintFile sheets, with the corresponding contact sheet behind them, in an archival 3-ring box from Light Impressions.

I also keep another log book of "fine art" prints that I have made from each negative, so I can track the printing and sales records for each one. I don't do that for commercial clients' prints.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    FIFO
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin