Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,496   Online: 933

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Air -> Water Device

The Watermill is an ingenious little device that attaches to the side of your house, sucks in humid air and converts it to water, much like the Max Water we've seen before. It then filters the water until it's drinkable, giving you free, fresh, clean water to drink. By sucking up water from outside rather than inside, it gathers cleaner air and avoids drying out your house, which is a plus. It can provide up to 12 liters of water a day, water that's clean enough to cook with or drink, which is great if you've got crappy tap water or have big water jugs delivered. Why pay for water when it's just out there, clogging up the humid air? Might as well take advantage, right?
    http://www.elementfour.com/

One more step towards an autonomous darkroom?
    Add a solar panel to power your enlarger and off you go!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Save your money: put your dehumidifier on the back porch and dehumidify the great outdoors, because that's all this thing is - an overpriced dehumidifier.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I imagine it is the water is "Free" only if you plug it in to the outlet on your neighbor's house...:o

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ari,

I guess one will have to pay for the energy to condense the vapor...

Where I live the tap water quality is perfect for drinking, and considering the share of water used for drinking out of my total tap water consumption is negligible, rests only the use for that water out of the condenser as final rinse in the darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm
    The way the weather has turned here in the Midlands of the U.K. I might consider a device that turned cold air into hot air for free. At the moment I have to produce my own "hot air" by posting on APUG.

At this rate of declining temperature would anyone mind if I start a "flame war" by December?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pfawh! Gadgetry for the unwashed masses.

I much prefer this low tech, no-energy solution:
    http://www.fogquest.org/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin