Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,985   Online: 841

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I purchased a Luna-Pro SBC with case and postage for $53.00 USD in November. From the looks of it, I'm not sure it was ever used. That is a significantly better option then my older Luna-Pro and it's PX625 battery requirement. Now I can save my stash of PX625s for my M5 bodies. The swinging needle of the Luna-Pro SBC is much easier for this old geezer to use than the LEDs of the later models. Watching the needle swing from under to overexposure is what I'm used to. Works for me.

I guess this is the U.S. model. I remember wanting one when they were new, but could never afford one.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Although I have a Luna-Pro SBC and love it, I still have my old Luna-Pro & Lunasix maters. I sent the older meters out to Quality Metric in California and had them gone over and calibrated. They came back working like new, calibrated to use 625 alkalines, and are right on the money with both my modern needle model and the +/- LED model Gossens.

Smiff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Yep. FWIW I find the F to be a great general purpose meter (although a good spot meter will beat it where spot readings are called for) and the SBC to be the world's greatest low light meter.
    Um, yeah! It is, as they say, a trip how far out the the thing is calibrated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    I purchased a Luna-Pro SBC with case and postage for $53.00 USD in November. From the looks of it, I'm not sure it was ever used. ]
    Does it do flash?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Does it do flash?
    With an attachment.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format

Measuring flash

Hi! Does anybody knows if the Luna-Pro F (Lunasix F), meters flash even with the studio attach, the Luna-Sphere, so called Profi-Lux (what a mess with different markets and names for the same no?), attached? Thanks!

Miguel

Shooter
    35mm

No

Does it do flash?
    I have a Minolta Auto Meter IV for flash and spot use. However, since I almost never use flash, the Auto Meter is probably redundant. I should think about selling it.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Miguel,

The Lunasix-F does NOT accept accessories which have got electrical plugs, such as the flash attachments.

The Profisix can take the following flash-metering attachments:
    -) Profi-flash
    -) Profi-flash 2 (an upgraded version of the former)
    -) Profi-select TTL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does it do flash?
    As Ian said, with an attachment, which I've never seen, even working in the shops where the meters were sold. It's called the Profi-Flash and plugs into the front of the meter. Page 39 of these instructions: http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/ba_profisix_e.pdf I don't know if the flash attachment had another name in the North American market. The instructions above have a photo.

Lee

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have the ProfiSix with the Profi-flash for about 29 years now and it works great.
    The Minolta Flashmeter IV is a bit lighter and more compact than the ProfiSix, but it has a miniature-probe that you can use for table-top.

For fast work the Profi is better because you don't have to interpretet the reading as with the digital Minolta.
    Graet stuff and highly recomended.

Peter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin