Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,760   Online: 855

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just doing a quick search there are 5 Profi-flash attachments on Ebay at the moment, all are relatively expensive though compared the the price of a meter.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Miguel,

The Lunasix-F does NOT accept accessories which have got electrical plugs, such as the flash attachments.
    Indeed.

But it doesn't need the flash attachment, the "F" in it's name standing for "Flash", indicating that the thing is capable of metering flash as well. All by itself.

The Lunasix F is a Profisix that also does flash, and takes a bunch of the same attachments, but not all.
    It takes the Tele, Lab, Repro, and fiber (the version without the plugs) attachments, but not the Color, Spot, Lux or fiber (with plugs). Nor the TTL-Select.
    And the Profisix meters about (i forget the exact amount) 2 stops lower light.

All in all, i like the Lunasix F better than the Profisix, just because it does flash without large and expensive attachment. And it does it well too.
    Get a Profisix if you need a Color or Spot attachment (the color attachment is fine, but the Spot thingy is i feel, far too large, Not that the Spotmaster is not...), or the small extra bit of low light level capability.
    Else, get the Lunasix F.

Apart from the electrical fault mine all developed (mentioned them earlier), they are both very good, very nice meters.
    Last edited by Q.G.; 01-14-2009 at 02:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Profisix is 3 stops more sensitive.

This and the means to accept attachments (with own sensor) via electrical connectors is its advantage on the Lunasix F.

The Lunasix F in contrast has the ability to meter flash (with fixed gate time) too.

For the rest both meters are identical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently picked up a Luna Pro, takes a couple of mercury cells. I'd thought of having the battery circuit modified (hell, I'd done the same to a pair of FTb's), or at least getting a couple of CRIS adapters. I discovered Adorama carries an adapter made specifically for the Luna Pro and Pro S models. I have one on order. Anybody try this? I've never seen it mentioned.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have one of those adapters made for the Luna Pro. Bought it on this site, in fact. Works perfectly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I recently picked up a Luna Pro, takes a couple of mercury cells. I'd thought of having the battery circuit modified (hell, I'd done the same to a pair of FTb's), or at least getting a couple of CRIS adapters. I discovered Adorama carries an adapter made specifically for the Luna Pro and Pro S models. I have one on order. Anybody try this? I've never seen it mentioned.
    I got the adapter for my Luna Pro, and the first set of batteries was included. It works perfectly.

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a Luna Pro SBC at a local camera store a couple weeks ago for $5. The guy said it was four stops off. I guess he didn't realize that the inner dial for the EV scale had been moved from its zero position. Put a fresh battery in it and it reads to within 1/3 stop of my Luna Pro F. Hehe. Then I turn around and spend $25 for a variable angle attachment for it on eBay. Fine with me. I didn't really need it, but I just couldn't let an SBC sit in that guy's junk bin for $5.

Best,

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got my battery adapter for the Luna Pro and promptly loaded it into the meter; it's very easy to install. This meter seems WAY more intuitive than the Luna Pro SBC; the SBC has far too many options to make operation simple and understandable for a beginner at handheld meters like myself. I'll work with them both for a year, just to see if I can get the hang of the SBC. If I still don't like it, hasta la vista, baby!
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred:

With the exception of the accessory attachments (the Profiflash, and more recently the enlarging meter attachment), I've never bothered to pay much attention to any options that are available for my SBC (actually a Profisix, because I live 100 or so miles north of you).

The SBC is just about the simplest non-selenium meter I've ever used. The only reason I refer to it as being non-selenium, is that this means you have to figure out how to turn it on, and from time to time how to check the battery.

The options (like being able to see SBR at a glance, and being able to dial in a fixed EV adjustment) are nice, but truly unobtrusive, and can be easily ignored, if you so decide.

In my mind, the only advantage of the older Luna Pro is that it is slightly smaller. If the size doesn't bother you, the SBC is both simpler, and better.

Of course, YMMV, but it would be great to go out shooting together, so we could see how each of us approach the issue.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    WAY more intuitive than the Luna Pro SBC; the SBC has far too many options to make operation simple and understandable for a beginner at handheld meters like myself.
    Maybe the troubles you are having are caused by believing that it has "far too many options"?

You point the thing, press the button, turn the dial until the needle lines up with zero, and read the (self-explanatory) scales.
    It doesn't get much less complicated than that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin